Where To Buy Fondant Ingredients In Canada?

Baking By StarbrightSB Updated 22 May 2009 , 11:27pm by crystalina1977

StarbrightSB Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
StarbrightSB Posted 18 May 2009 , 1:24am
post #1 of 3

I would like to make my own fondant and gum paste, but i have really been finding it difficult finding the ingredients! Does anyone know where to buy Gum Tragacanth or gum arabic, or liquid glucose?

If it helps, i live in edmonton, alberta canada, so if anyone lives close to here and knows where to buy these that would really help! thanks all!

2 replies
alanaj Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
alanaj Posted 19 May 2009 , 9:11pm
post #2 of 3

Use white corn syrup instead of liquid glucose. I make Michele Foster's recipe and have no problem finding ingredients. Michael's sells some Wilton gum paste ingredients but if you want to make Nick Lodge's, you can get Tylose powder through Golda's Kitchen. They are here in Ontario but ship all over for reasonable prices. Also, if you are looking for vegetable glycerine it can be found in most health food stores. Pharmacies also sell it but in really small bottles. You could also try googling baking stores near your home.

Hope that helps and good luck!

Alana

crystalina1977 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
crystalina1977 Posted 22 May 2009 , 11:27pm
post #3 of 3

you should be able to get ingredients for marshmallow fondant (MMF). I like the Rhonda's Ultimate MMF recipe from this site, I changed the extracts up a bit but it's a good base recipe. just using mini marshmallows, powdered sugar, corn syrup, water, salt, flavoring.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%