Subst. Splenda In Wasc

Baking By Suzie757 Updated 18 May 2009 , 12:21am by sweet_teeth

Suzie757 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Suzie757 Posted 18 May 2009 , 12:04am
post #1 of 3

Has anyone used Splenda in the WASC cake and what were the results? I am looking to do this next weekend as a way to lower the sugar content for a customer.

2 replies
Criola Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Criola Posted 18 May 2009 , 12:10am
post #2 of 3

I did, and it did not turn out well...the cake was very dense for my taste...it was for a coworker who is a diabetic...I was so careful with the ingredients that went into the cake. I did a lot of research prior to baking the cake...needless to say, she ended up in the ER with extremely high blood sugar....huh?
I would do a test run first =) sorry that I'm not more helpful

sweet_teeth Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweet_teeth Posted 18 May 2009 , 12:21am
post #3 of 3

If it is for a diabetic.. no matter if you use some splenda in the recipe.. it's still extremely high in sugar.

My dad is type 1. He is able to eat sweets and sugar, as long as he accounts for it with his pump. The issue w/ cake is that it's extremely hard to figure out the amount of carbs/sugar in each slice; this makes it hard to counteract the amount of sugar eaten with insulin.

If it's someone that just wants lower sugar.. tell 'em cake isn't something to be eating icon_smile.gif If you're going to eat cake.. eat it at full taste, not full of artificial sweeteners that reduce the taste and don't necessarily increase the healthiness. icon_confused.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%