Cupcake Pricing

Decorating By Kiki74 Updated 19 May 2009 , 11:27pm by cakesbydina

Kiki74 Posted 17 May 2009 , 11:32pm
post #1 of 4

I'm confused. I usually charge by servings but I have an order for cupcakes. Each one will be decorated to look like a jungle animal that matches the nursery theme. I will be making around 50-55 cupcakes. How do I determine a fair price? icon_confused.gif

3 replies
JaimeAnn Posted 18 May 2009 , 5:20am
post #2 of 4

What type of decoration are you talking about? Fondant figures? cutout decorations ?
The price would depend on the amount of work in the decorating. I charge $1.50 each for plain cupcakes swirl top icing. So depending on the amount of work in your decorations It would go up from there.

Kiki74 Posted 18 May 2009 , 1:52pm
post #3 of 4

Thanks! That gives me a starting point to work with. They will be a combination of piping and fondant accents like the trunk and nose of the elephent, etc.

cakesbydina Posted 19 May 2009 , 11:27pm
post #4 of 4

You really have to do some research in your are for cupcake pricing. In my area it's $2.50-4.75 depending on work. If you are putting fondant on it obviously you would be on the higher end. Some people price per serving for cake and charge the same for cupcakes since this is considered a serving. Good Luck

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%