American Cake Decorating Magazine Problems

Decorating By MORSELSBYMARK Updated 20 May 2009 , 4:15pm by Kimmers971

MORSELSBYMARK Posted 17 May 2009 , 10:58pm
post #1 of 17

Is anyone else having a hard time getting their issues by mail. I know it takes a bit longer because I live in Canada, but I had called April 1st to be told a replacement issue would be sent, and I'd have it in 2 weeks...6 weeks later and I have yet to receive my Feb/Mar issue. Not only that, it is halfway thru May and there is no mention of when the Apr/May issue will be shipped. I'd really like to know what's going on.

16 replies
superstar Posted 17 May 2009 , 11:10pm
post #2 of 17

They are always slow! I don't think about it anymore, I really don't know why they have such big problems!!!! It is a great magazine but they could end up down the drain as I know a lot of people have said they are not going to renew their subscriptions, it will be sad tho'.

cupcakes Posted 18 May 2009 , 12:26am
post #3 of 17

I had the same issue with them a few years back.
I renewed the magazine, they lost my check, they found my check and still I did not get the magazine and then I received 2 of the same one. It was quite disappointing and after that subscription ran out that was it for me!
Customer service is very important,

thin4life Posted 18 May 2009 , 12:34am
post #4 of 17

Terrible service, magazines always late, not worth my time. I will never subscribe with them again!

Bakingangel Posted 18 May 2009 , 12:37am
post #5 of 17

Well, I see nothing has changed. That's why I didn't renew two years ago!

Justbeck101 Posted 18 May 2009 , 12:49am
post #6 of 17

I believe they moved and it is down to minimal staff. It is worth the money, it is a good magazine. We just need to have some patience.

icer101 Posted 18 May 2009 , 12:50am
post #7 of 17

i have been a customer for 12-13- years... i have never had a problem .. so far... renew .. get my magazine.,etc.. always love the magazine and will keep ordering as long as i don,t have a problem i am sorry , you all are having problems. don,t know why...

CookieMeister Posted 18 May 2009 , 4:25pm
post #8 of 17

I subscribed in January and got my first issue in March. I've read a lot about people having issues with them, but mine was fairly smooth.

I love the magazine too. Such detailed instructions on a varying array of topics.

cylstrial Posted 19 May 2009 , 1:39pm
post #9 of 17

Oops, I didn't realize there were two threads by the same person floating in this forum. I just posted on the other one.

Here's what I said in the other post -
Unfortunately, you are not alone. Everyone experiences this same thing with this company. I started my subscription to ACD in September and received my Dec issue at the end of January (4 1/2 months after I ordered it). I ordered my MBN the day after Christmas and got my first copy at the end of March (so 4 months). It really does take a long time to get them. I haven't had any trouble since they are both finally getting here now.

And I'm in the US. Just a couple of states from where they print them!

Here's the link to the other responses besides mine!

elizadoolittle Posted 19 May 2009 , 10:05pm
post #10 of 17

I wish i had read this before I paid my subscrpition to them. I have reported them to visa for fraud now as I have received nothing

Bakingangel Posted 20 May 2009 , 5:59am
post #11 of 17

They are not a fraudulent company. They just don't have their act together. New management might help.

Bakingangel Posted 20 May 2009 , 6:01am
post #12 of 17

Oops! Didn't mean to put my words in quotation box. Still learning how to navigate icon_redface.gif

elizadoolittle Posted 20 May 2009 , 3:39pm
post #13 of 17

If I pay an amount of money to someone and they do not supply the goods or service that I paid for and they continually ignore my correspondence then I deem this to be fraud. They have got their act together enough to accept my payment

SugarLover2 Posted 20 May 2009 , 3:43pm
post #14 of 17

Besides the ACD mag, is there another magazine that is good? I'd like to subscribe to one, but it sounds like I might want to skip the ACD.

SpringFlour Posted 20 May 2009 , 3:56pm
post #15 of 17

I didn't renew because I find so much more good info on this site. Plus, it was frustrating to me that I was always getting each magazine up to a month late. For example, they've got so many Christmas cake ideas...too bad they sent me the magazine in January.

I didn't renew, but they sent the next set of issues (ACD and MBN). I figured they had made a mistake, but I just received a nasty letter from them telling me that they received my renew request, but they were going to stop my subscription due to non-payment. icon_confused.gif I'll be giving them a call today.

cakes22 Posted 20 May 2009 , 4:03pm
post #16 of 17

I just checked my account status with ACD, and it tells me it mailed the April/May issue, but it's almost the end of May icon_mad.gificon_mad.gif Still no mag!!.

If a mag is issued for April/May, would it not make sense to mail either the last week of April or the first week of May?

Frustrating. icon_mad.gif

Kimmers971 Posted 20 May 2009 , 4:15pm
post #17 of 17

Actually if it's the April/May issue you should get it before April 1st. They are so far behind, I subscribed earlier this year and still don't have an issue to show for it.

Quote by @%username% on %date%