Turntable Help

Decorating By hollynme2 Updated 18 May 2009 , 8:45pm by tiggy2

hollynme2 Posted 17 May 2009 , 9:39pm
post #1 of 6

So far I've been making do with the lazy susan I have at home, but was wondering which turntables everyone likes/uses for cake decorating? My lazy susan is too big for the cakes I am decorating and any tips/suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks!!!

5 replies
raquel1 Posted 17 May 2009 , 9:51pm
post #2 of 6

I'm curious also, I've been using the cheap plastic Wilton one for a long time. It works ok if you are not making too many cakes or small to medium cakes but for larger ones it's not smooth turning and that would make my life easier when icing and decorating. I'm planning on going to Sam's this week and am going to look at what they use in their bakery.

peg818 Posted 18 May 2009 , 12:09am
post #3 of 6

I just bought a fat daddios turn table, the professional one, before that i had been using the cheap wilton one. And there is really no comparison, they are worlds apart.

raquel1 Posted 18 May 2009 , 3:10am
post #4 of 6

Great to know, will check it out. Is it expensive?

hollynme2 Posted 18 May 2009 , 4:37pm
post #5 of 6

Anyone else using a turntable they love?!?! Thanks for the Fat Daddio's reccomendation. I am pretty sure I saw that at Global Sugar Arts.

tiggy2 Posted 18 May 2009 , 8:45pm
post #6 of 6

I also have the Fat Daddio professional turn table and love it. I have the Wilton heavy duty one but there is no comparison to the Fat Daddio. The wilton one will probably be going into a garage sale.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%