Baking Wasc In A Kitchen Aid Bowl????

Decorating By mw902 Updated 18 May 2009 , 3:37am by mw902

mw902 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mw902 Posted 17 May 2009 , 6:21pm
post #1 of 11

Anyone have an idea as to how long to bake a WASC cake in a 4.5 qt bowl? I am making a brides dress and it has been in the oven for about 95 minutes now and I am still getting gummy cake sticking to my tester from the bottom of the bowl....I did use a flower nail in the bottom also.

Thanks in advance guys!

10 replies
AfordRN Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
AfordRN Posted 17 May 2009 , 6:25pm
post #2 of 11

It takes a longgggg time. I did one in the pampered chef pitcher bowl and it took almost 2 hours. When it was finally done, the side were pulled away and I need to do some major trimming.

ZlatkaT Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ZlatkaT Posted 17 May 2009 , 6:49pm
post #3 of 11

I don't want to hijacks your post, but what is WASC. I hear this all the time.

shelbur10 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
shelbur10 Posted 17 May 2009 , 6:53pm
post #4 of 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZlatkaT

I don't want to hijacks your post, but what is WASC. I hear this all the time.

WASC = White Almond Sour Cream cake. Delicious! Check it out in the recipe section.

ZlatkaT Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ZlatkaT Posted 17 May 2009 , 7:28pm
post #5 of 11

Oh, thank you, sounds delicous.

vickymacd Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
vickymacd Posted 17 May 2009 , 7:38pm
post #6 of 11

I have the doll bowl pan and it's a little longer than an hour but with this pan there is a center heating core which distributes the heat to bake the center.

bakingatthebeach Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bakingatthebeach Posted 17 May 2009 , 7:44pm
post #7 of 11

I know the doll cake I made with mine took about 1 hour and 15 min at 325. I set it for 45 min and kept adding 15 min to the time with each check, but it does cook!

mw902 Posted 17 May 2009 , 9:14pm
post #8 of 11

thanks for the answers, I wish I would have got the wondermold pan, my cake turned out VERY hard and tough on the outside and the inside was gummy so I dumped it and I am just going to carve the shape out of 2 8 inchers and 2 6 inchers! I knew I shoulda done that to begin with, thanks again guys!

bakingatthebeach Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bakingatthebeach Posted 18 May 2009 , 1:26am
post #9 of 11

did you fill the pan full? I read somewhere where you cant fill the bowl full and they placed the domed cake on top of the 6 in layer. I did this and the cake turned out well.

fosterscreations Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
fosterscreations Posted 18 May 2009 , 3:13am
post #10 of 11

I use a full sized doll so I use 2 six inch layers and 2 eight inch layers. Then I just trim a bit. It works so much better. It is also easier for the client to cut. I just tell them to take the doll out and then they can see down where they need to put the knife to lift off the top tier. Then they cut each 2-layer cake and serve.

mw902 Posted 18 May 2009 , 3:37am
post #11 of 11

Bakingatthebeach, no i didnt fill the bowl full i just think today was not my baking day! Thanks for the advice everyone I will post a pic when I am done!!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%