Pricing For Cream Puffs...

Business By mommicakes Updated 17 May 2009 , 7:28pm by jlynnw

mommicakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mommicakes Posted 17 May 2009 , 6:03pm
post #1 of 6

Hi everyone, does anyone regularly make and sell cream puffs as part of their business? I am looking to see what the average price is. I have researched in my area, and the only comparisons that I have are "walmart", and a couple of other grocery stores. I can't bring myself to supply these at this price, and the taste is ????? Can anyone help me? I would totally appreciate it.
donna

5 replies
jlynnw Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jlynnw Posted 17 May 2009 , 6:16pm
post #2 of 6

I bake cream puffs and eclairs for bake sales frequently. (We do have a fridge unit). The cream puffs about the size of a jumbo muffin and sell for $2.50, the eclairs are piped out 4 inches with an 809 so I guess about 6 inches long and sell for $3.00. I use real pastry cream and real whip cream, ganache. At the last sale, I sold out in under 30 minutes. (20 of each) I also have used pastry pride and made some with instant pudding mix and fake cream topping, and sold those for $2 and $2.50 easily. Most in house store bakeries, like Wal-Mart, use a whipped mix topping on theirs, some are brought in frozen already filled (yeck!!!!) HTH

mommicakes Posted 17 May 2009 , 6:26pm
post #3 of 6

Thank you so very much jlynnw!!! That is just the info I was searching for. icon_smile.gifthumbs_up.gif

jlynnw Posted 17 May 2009 , 6:29pm
post #4 of 6

That is just what I do, I don't know about anyone else. What were you thinking about charging?

mommicakes Posted 17 May 2009 , 7:08pm
post #5 of 6

My thought was $2.00 each. The local library is hosting a book reading by a local author and have asked me to make a "pastry puff" which is sort of a big part of the theme of this book, and I just didn't quite know exactly what to charge them. I gave an estimate of the 2.00 mark, turns out that is just about right. This could open a few more doors for me too.

jlynnw Posted 17 May 2009 , 7:28pm
post #6 of 6

Sounds like a great opportunity for you. Just keep them cold and remember your health codes on hazardous foods. I love cream puffs, I don't think I have ever heard then called pastry puffs before. Let me know how it all turns out!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%