Mini Cake Pricing

Decorating By Katiekatiekatie Updated 23 May 2009 , 3:50am by Sarsi

Katiekatiekatie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Katiekatiekatie Posted 17 May 2009 , 12:52pm
post #1 of 9

Here is a question...just to give me an idea
I am making 30 mini cakes and one 10 inch cake for as a gift for a friend for her daughters wedding. I am trying to get an idea of what it would actually cost to have them made.
The cakes are mimic's of the calli lilly cakes in Lindy Smiths book.
So for the mini cakes I have made 60 lillies, covered 2 cake boards for each and will have to cover each with 2 layers of fondant. The larger cake is the same idea just bigger.
What do you think?
THANKS

8 replies
indydebi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
indydebi Posted 17 May 2009 , 2:02pm
post #2 of 9

could you clarify what you are calling a mini cake? Are these cakes made for one person (one serving cakes) or are they small wedding cakes to sit in the center of the table, designed to serve everyone at the table (centerpiece cakes)? (some folks use the terms interchangeably and I want to be sure I understand what you're making.)

MikeRowesHunny Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MikeRowesHunny Posted 17 May 2009 , 2:13pm
post #3 of 9

Are you doing a tall like like Lindy's for the main cake, or standard size, what currency do you want my price in lol?!

Katiekatiekatie Posted 17 May 2009 , 2:55pm
post #4 of 9

Yes the main cake will be a tall 10inch round cake. They are just vanilla bean cakes with raspberry filling. The mini cakes are the same mix and they are 4x3 inch round cakes.
What would your price be? I am in the US.

MikeRowesHunny Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MikeRowesHunny Posted 17 May 2009 , 3:38pm
post #5 of 9

Minimum $30 each for the 'mini' cakes and $380 for the large cake (assuming you will be in effect getting 2x10in round servings out of it being a tall cake - 2 separate boarded cakes one on top of the other?). So, 30x$30 + $380 = $1280 - wow, that's some gift!

Katiekatiekatie Posted 17 May 2009 , 3:43pm
post #6 of 9

Well I am also looking at the fact that I am very new to cake decorating. I have just started and only made 5 cakes with fondant. This is quite a task for me to take on. I liked the simplicity of the cake design and the bride loves cali lillies. I have to say I watched Ednas video on youtube and the cali lillies werent hard at all!
I will be sure to post pictures when all the cakes are done!
Thanks!
Katie

Katiekatiekatie Posted 22 May 2009 , 12:53pm
post #7 of 9

I finished the cakes and can honestly say I DONT THINK I will be doing that again! Check my pictures I am trying to update it!

Katiekatiekatie Posted 23 May 2009 , 2:05am
post #8 of 9

Here they are finished
LL

Sarsi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Sarsi Posted 23 May 2009 , 3:50am
post #9 of 9

Beautiful!!! icon_smile.gif I'm going to be making a calla lily cake soon for my sister, so I enjoyed seeing this!! icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%