Jennifer Dontz's Semi-Homemade Fondant? Can You

Decorating By dberck Updated 17 May 2009 , 6:54pm by JenniferMI

dberck Posted 17 May 2009 , 12:12pm
post #1 of 6

I ordered the first DVD from Jennifer and started watching it last night. Her fondant looks wonderful...I was just wondering if anyone had ever tried her recipe using homemade fondant as the base instead of purchased fondant? I usually make MMF and I have to bake a cake this week and don't have time to order fondant. Not to mention the MMF is much cheaper to make.

5 replies
JenniferMI Posted 17 May 2009 , 12:58pm
post #2 of 6

I'll chime in icon_smile.gif

Not to say you can't try this recipe with another fondant, BUT, if you don't use the exact ingredients the first time you do it, you won't know how it should taste and perform. After you first try it that way, sure, branch out and experiment.... but it will be hard to judge the product without using the same ingredients. Hope that makes sense. If I can help, yell.

Sweet regards,

Jennifer icon_smile.gif

dberck Posted 17 May 2009 , 5:45pm
post #3 of 6

Thanks for answering Jennifer - I am really enjoying the DVD! I'll do the same thing I have been doing for the cake this week and I'll just have to make a cake for the family using yours!

I'm also going to try your cake baking method this week!
Thanks again!

JenniferMI Posted 17 May 2009 , 5:54pm
post #4 of 6

Glad you like the DVD Dawn! Let me know how you like the baking method, too.

Best wishes and happy baking!

Jennifer icon_smile.gif

AfordRN Posted 17 May 2009 , 6:28pm
post #5 of 6

Wanted to let everyone know I did Jens baking method with a WASC double mix ( I use the one with oil) and it worked like a charm!! icon_biggrin.gif

I plan on making her fondant sometime this week, so Jen I'll prob be call you for HELP! icon_lol.gif

JenniferMI Posted 17 May 2009 , 6:54pm
post #6 of 6

I'm happy to try and help you.

Glad the WASC turned out good!

Jen icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%