Question About Fondant.......need Some Help

Decorating By elkinchahin Updated 17 May 2009 , 4:24pm by elkinchahin

elkinchahin Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
elkinchahin Posted 17 May 2009 , 3:52am
post #1 of 6

Is my first time using fondant, and from what I have read and seen, there is Satin Ice fondant and Choco-pan, are those only the brands, or are they types of fondant.
Sorry probably is a stupid question, but I dont want to mess up my cake.

5 replies
allayman Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
allayman Posted 17 May 2009 , 4:06am
post #2 of 6

Iam new at this to so Iam not sure about the brands but I make my own its easy and good! Just search fondant and the one i use is posted by prettytoya and the title is Marshmallow Fondant(MMF). Hope this helps.

elkinchahin Posted 17 May 2009 , 4:09am
post #3 of 6

thanks for your help, I have thought of using that one too, so many things I want to try at the same time and so many things to choose from

erin_e Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
erin_e Posted 17 May 2009 , 4:24am
post #4 of 6

Satin Ice and Choco-pan are the brand names. I'm really new myself but I know that my instructor says he likes the Satin Ice the best...says it tastes good and is pretty easy to work with. I think the Choco-pan is more chocolate based (the name kinda says it too, hahaha.) I've never gotten to use either of them but I'm planning on trying some Satin Ice next weekend. I've never made my own so I don't have any suggestions on that part.

*edit for spelling

Lidunka25 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Lidunka25 Posted 17 May 2009 , 4:41am
post #5 of 6

I LOVE MMF for modeling figurines and hate it for covering
I LOVE SATIN ICE for covering but hate for modeling figurines
There is Wilton brand also, tastes like dirt and smells like plastic. Satin Ice taste sugary with play dough aftertaste. MMF tastes sweet with marshmallow aftertaste. Dunno choco-pan.....

elkinchahin Posted 17 May 2009 , 4:24pm
post #6 of 6

thanks for all the help.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%