Question For Pa Bakers

Business By mawagner Updated 18 May 2009 , 9:36am by mawagner

mawagner Posted 16 May 2009 , 7:21pm
post #1 of 5

I have a (maybe silly icon_redface.gif ) question for PA bakers. I was looking into the regulation and licensing necessary to sell baked good from home. I know that one option would be to find a kitchen where I can rent time. What I am wondering is, if you lease a kitchen to bake, does the product also have to be decorated there, or can you just bake the product and then decorate at home? TIA

4 replies
LisaR64 Posted 16 May 2009 , 10:17pm
post #2 of 5

I'm in the process of getting licensed myself, and I was told all work must be done in the licensed kitchen.

mawagner Posted 17 May 2009 , 1:49am
post #3 of 5

Thanks for your help!

Cakenicing4u Posted 17 May 2009 , 10:39pm
post #4 of 5

I was told that you can't rent a place like a house or an apartment to bake out of either.. I don't know why... but if you own a place and have a second kitchen built, that can clear some hurdles and get approved... but rent a pet free place with it's own access and it's not allowed?? Check around before you get in too deep. In my area, I have to rent commercially approved space to be able to rent and open...

mawagner Posted 18 May 2009 , 9:36am
post #5 of 5

That's good to know. The place I am looking at is commercially approved, I was just hoping that only the baking had to be done there, which would reduced the time I needed it. Thanks for your help!

Quote by @%username% on %date%