First Tasting And Booking!

Business By Tellis12 Updated 18 May 2009 , 7:07pm by kellertur

Tellis12 Posted 16 May 2009 , 6:07pm
post #1 of 8

I had my first official tasting this morning. I was a bit nervous but I think it went well. I went into it thinking that if nothing else it would be good practice. The couple did end up booking, which was great. Their deposit covers my cost for the tasting! LOL.

The one thing that was a bit difficult was that the bride was really really difficult to read. The whole time I couldn't tell if she was happy with what we were discussing or anything. Have you run into this kind of thing? It was kind of frustrating.

7 replies
kellertur Posted 16 May 2009 , 6:33pm
post #2 of 8

Congratulations on your first tasting with much success!

I think people are difficult to read in general, and can often be very deceiving in how they "act" anyway... I've stopped trying to figure people out, it's too much work. icon_smile.gif

I just had a couple get all the way through a tasting only to let it slip that they weren't even engaged yet! icon_eek.gif You may see people who have no value for other people's time or expenses and want free cake. My first tip off was the aloofness and utter indifference the "bride" showed around everything except the cake. What can you do, right? icon_rolleyes.gif

(I'm a geek and took photos of the table right before my first tasting... I have to document these things for some reason...)

Congrats to you!

en-passant Posted 16 May 2009 , 6:42pm
post #3 of 8

Ooooh Captain Jack...... icon_smile.gif

cylstrial Posted 16 May 2009 , 8:00pm
post #4 of 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by K2cakes

I just had a couple get all the way through a tasting only to let it slip that they weren't even engaged yet! icon_eek.gif

Congrats to you!

Are you serious?? icon_eek.gif

indydebi Posted 16 May 2009 , 8:58pm
post #5 of 8

congrats on your tasting AND the booking! Looks like you're off to a great start! thumbs_up.gif

kellertur Posted 17 May 2009 , 12:51am
post #6 of 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by cylstrial

Quote:
Originally Posted by K2cakes

I just had a couple get all the way through a tasting only to let it slip that they weren't even engaged yet! icon_eek.gif

Congrats to you!

Are you serious?? icon_eek.gif

Yes, I am serious. I'm actually sorry to the OP for seeming so negative.
You *are* off to a good start. thumbs_up.gif

Tellis12 Posted 18 May 2009 , 2:39am
post #7 of 8

Lol, no problem K2. I guess some people just love "free" cake! Too bad no one realizes how much work goes into even a simple tasting.

kellertur Posted 18 May 2009 , 7:07pm
post #8 of 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by en-passant

Ooooh Captain Jack...... icon_smile.gif

yeah, I get dizzy just looking at that picture... icon_rolleyes.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%