Disney Princess Cake!

Decorating By baby-freckles Updated 16 May 2009 , 9:57pm by AmyGonzalez

baby-freckles Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
baby-freckles Posted 16 May 2009 , 5:20pm
post #1 of 4

Hiya All,

I am new to cake decorating, and will be going to my first class next weekend. It is my nieces birthdays in August and the theme for their party is the Disney Princesses. My sister has been looking at buying a cake, and has had quotes ranging from £75 to £200! As I am starting my classes next week, I thought this would be a great challenge for me!

I have 'googled' and seen a few bits and pieces, but I was wondering if anyone has used the castle decorating kit that comes with the plastic door, and towers etc? I was wondering, if it is worth me investing in a set of this, or not to bother? (I could always use it as a backup if things go wrong! - I do have until August!)

ANy help/hints/tips would be greatly greatly appreciated! icon_smile.gif

Thanks,

Katie xx

3 replies
Kiddiekakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kiddiekakes Posted 16 May 2009 , 5:58pm
post #2 of 4

Do you mean the Wilton Castle kit or the Decopac Disney Princess castle kit?I have done the decopac kit and it is really pretty!

Here is a picture..I bought the kit on Ebay!Very easy to work with!
LL

baby-freckles Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
baby-freckles Posted 16 May 2009 , 7:55pm
post #3 of 4

Oh right, I didnt know there were two! icon_smile.gif Off to 'Google' them! BTW that cake looks to good to eat! icon_smile.gif I hope I can manage something like that...

AmyGonzalez Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
AmyGonzalez Posted 16 May 2009 , 9:57pm
post #4 of 4

I used the wilton castle kit for my daughters 8th birthday. I think it is definitly worth the money cause you can use this castle kit for so many different looking cakes. The turrets take a long time to decorate, but in the end it is worth it. thumbs_up.gif

www.cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=gallery&file=displayimage&pid=1297618

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%