Any Suggestions On How To Fix?

Decorating By sandykay Updated 16 May 2009 , 8:53pm by bbmom

sandykay Posted 16 May 2009 , 5:15pm
post #1 of 5

Ok I know I should have known better icon_cry.gif .....but, I have some silicone pans and when I stored them there was a box of scented candles on another shelf in the cabinet, well when I baked some brownies in the pan it was a mess. I tasted the brownies and thought these have soap flavor so I racked my brain, then I remember the candles. I have tried every thing I can think of, Dishwasher, soaking in vinager, placing in a bag and covering with baking soda, and last just placing a in bag with a box of baking soda thinking maybe it needed to be seperate.

Sorry this is long, but who has the money to throw away things just to by new ones nowadays.

4 replies
sweetcravings Posted 16 May 2009 , 5:23pm
post #2 of 5

Yikes..sorry to hear about that. What a waste of good brownies. ;0) i looked online and this is what i found..

"Accidents can happen with candle wax, if you get it on the carpet wait until it is solid and remove what you can with a knife.

To remove the remaining wax, place a sheet of plain white paper over the stain and then gently run a warm iron over the paper. As if by magic you will see the paper soak up the wax! "

Maybe you could try that with the silcone, i mean it wouldn't melt them. Good luck..let us know if it works.

Deb_ Posted 16 May 2009 , 8:42pm
post #3 of 5

Yuck! This is the very reason why I threw out all my silicone pans. I felt like they were *sponges* for every flavor and scent they were exposed to. Just didn't like them at all.

I think it's going to be nearly impossible to get that flavor out of them especially since you already baked in them again. Maybe try contacting the manufacturer to see if they have any ideas.

Good luck!

sweetcravings Posted 16 May 2009 , 8:53pm
post #4 of 5

Sorry, i totally thought that maybe some of the candle melted some how on the pan..duh, stupid me. I didn't even realize that silicone would pick up scents like that..good to know. I dunno what you could do once it's in the silicone.sorry

bbmom Posted 16 May 2009 , 8:53pm
post #5 of 5

I would contact the manufacturer for a replacemet esp if there is no warning on them, how were you to know, not to store them near candles or anything else with a strong odor?

Quote by @%username% on %date%