Tier Cake

Decorating By Sara718 Updated 16 May 2009 , 9:06pm by indydebi

Sara718 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Sara718 Posted 16 May 2009 , 3:26pm
post #1 of 5

Hi!! I have never done a tier cake before but I am making my daughters
1st birthday cake and want to do a 2 or 3 layer tier. Can anyone tell me how to do it?!? I would like it to be on top of eachother...what woud I need?? PLEASE HELP ME!!! Thank you!

4 replies
ptanyer Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ptanyer Posted 16 May 2009 , 3:31pm
post #2 of 5

Do you have a Wilton year book? They have a section that talks about stacking cakes and their method for doing so. You can also access their info on line at wilton dot com. I think for a beginner that is a great place to start. Also look at the "How Do I" forum and read Leah's sticky note about SPS. She provides detailed instructions about how to use that system. Also Sugarshack has a great DVD on stacking cakes and the dvd is worth every penny.

If you get stuck and need an answer, send me a PM and I will try to give you an answer.

I'm sure if you do a search in the forums for cake tiers, cake stacking, etc. you will also find a wealth of info.

Can't wait to see how the birthday cake turns out. Good luck thumbs_up.gif

sgauta Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sgauta Posted 16 May 2009 , 4:16pm
post #3 of 5

Yes, I would recommend getting a Wilton yearbook to learn the basics of cake stacking. There are also some great videos on YouTube. Maybe do a practice cake to see how it goes and any problems/questions that come up, post them here. Someone always has an answer or great advice! Good luck!

~Sarah

Sara718 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Sara718 Posted 16 May 2009 , 4:36pm
post #4 of 5

Thank you for your help... I wil go buy the wilton year book and do a test cake aswell! I will post my cake...hopefully it wil turn out fine!! icon_biggrin.gif

indydebi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
indydebi Posted 16 May 2009 , 9:06pm
post #5 of 5

Here's the wilton link on how to stack/assemble cakes: http://www.wilton.com/cakes/tiered-cakes/

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%