How Are These Cookies Done?

Baking By Athoora Updated 20 May 2009 , 7:05am by Athoora

Athoora Posted 16 May 2009 , 8:11am
post #1 of 7

Hi every one icon_smile.gif my friends 'not cookies bakers' were so impressed how these cookies are well decorated, but honestly I'm pretty sure that it's not purely hand drawing, either it's printed or traced.. any idea ?I would love to know please! icon_smile.gif

6 replies
Evoir Posted 16 May 2009 , 8:50am
post #2 of 7

I don't know, but I would think it was applied by placing a pencil drawing of the outline on greaseless paper, placing face down on cookie then rubbing the surface to transfer the design. Then the outline is covered with fine black piping and flooded with the correct colours.

But that is just a guess! I have only done that with fondant, not cookie tops, but I don't see why it wouldn't work.

They're great!!

miny Posted 16 May 2009 , 8:52am
post #3 of 7

Not an expert but I'll guess they are done with some kind of stencil and then just the regular RI treatment, but just like your friends I'm really impressed with this work, they are perfect!

miss_sweetstory Posted 16 May 2009 , 10:08am
post #4 of 7

Although not sure how they were actually done, I would think that the easiest way would be using a Kopykake, or similar projector then trace the image directly on the cookies using edible ink pen. Then pipe royal icing lines and flood.

Too bad most of use don't have a kopykake laying around!

cylstrial Posted 17 May 2009 , 10:04pm
post #5 of 7
Originally Posted by miss_sweetstory

Too bad most of use don't have a kopykake laying around!

Yep! I want one too! icon_smile.gif

sweetcravings Posted 17 May 2009 , 11:15pm
post #6 of 7

I've asked in the past about how similar designs are done by 'cookies by design'. The previous employee told me they do indeed do them freehand. I was shocked and amazed that one could freehand such perfection each and every time. I on the other hand am not as talented and would use my kopykake to project that sort of image on the cookie.

Athoora Posted 20 May 2009 , 7:05am
post #7 of 7

Thank u every one icon_smile.gif)

Quote by @%username% on %date%