post #1 of 26

is called to order.

Come on in.
Who's working late?

25 replies
leah_s Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
leah_s Posted 16 May 2009 , 2:46am
post #2 of 26

Today's cakes have been kicking my a$$ all day. I should have been done hours ago.

janelwaters Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
janelwaters Posted 16 May 2009 , 2:53am
post #3 of 26

I'm here, however, I would use the word "working" VERY loosely! haha!! I have a poker cake to finish and I have just been very lazy about finishing this cake! I have to get my poker chips and cards done before bed, but I have gotten addicted to Farrah's story.

tdybear1978 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tdybear1978 Posted 16 May 2009 , 2:54am
post #4 of 26

I have 2 - 3tier wedding cakes, 1 - 4tier wedding cakes, 3 groom's cakes and about 17 birthday/shower/graduation cakes. I am exhausted

leah_s Posted 16 May 2009 , 2:55am
post #5 of 26

I'm watching Say Yes to the Dress. (I have a TV in the kitchen.)

janelwaters Posted 16 May 2009 , 2:57am
post #6 of 26

OMGosh!!! I am just boo hooing! this is so sad!!!

patticakesnc Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
patticakesnc Posted 16 May 2009 , 3:00am
post #7 of 26

I am so done. I had a baby shower cake and went ahead and did a yellow jacket for a graduation cake.

Now I am sleepy and getting ready to go sack out..

Leahs what is wrong with the cake??? Why is it kicking your ass?

Janel.....did you ever live in Virginia? I know there is more than one person with your name but I use to know a girl many many years ago from Virginia with your name.
LL
LL

janelwaters Posted 16 May 2009 , 3:03am
post #8 of 26

Great cake!! LOVE LOVE LOVE your yellow jacket - that is just PERFECT!

Nope, never lived in Virginia - I was born in Ohio and grew up around Atlanta, GA - basically I have always been in GA and FL.

leah_s Posted 16 May 2009 , 3:06am
post #9 of 26

Fondant ribbons kept tearing. On the cake now.

The cake for earlier today was covered with fondant ribbons.

PinkZiab Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
PinkZiab Posted 16 May 2009 , 3:07am
post #10 of 26

I'm on a professional hiatus at the moment, but I'm doing a cake tonight for a friend's daughter. It's a carved cake in the shape of the number 13... got it covered in BC and chilling so I can smooth and fondant it... not looking forward to fondanting the 3, but I do what I can to make the kids happy... I just really wish it had been for her 11 year old sister icon_biggrin.gif

patticakesnc Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
patticakesnc Posted 16 May 2009 , 3:09am
post #11 of 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by leahs

Fondant ribbons kept tearing. On the cake now.

The cake for earlier today was covered with fondant ribbons.

Ughhh. That is my fear of this grad cake. It has a fondant swag flowing down 2 tiers and I am so afraid this thing is going to tear all over the place. Not too big of a deal but it will be a green green and the cake is white buttercream....so needless to say I really don't want it to tear on there. icon_cry.gif

shelbur10 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
shelbur10 Posted 16 May 2009 , 3:11am
post #12 of 26

Good evening ladies! So glad to know I'm not the only one burning the midnight oil. I am seriously not going to sleep tonight. 2 tier Little Einsteins with a carved rocket on top and figures. The figures are killing me. They just don't look right. I'm sorry to say that I think they'll have to be 'good enough'. Haven't even started on the rest of it, got a bunch of naked cakes sitting in my kitchen.
Got another tie dye fondant job to do when (IF) I ever finish the Little $@###@@steins! But I have 'til 3 tomorrow on that one.

jdelectables Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jdelectables Posted 16 May 2009 , 3:16am
post #13 of 26

Just finished a cross communion cake. Had cupcakes picked up today and 2 more cakes for Sunday. So, it is not too much work this week. I will finish up the other 2 tomorrow.

pipe-dreams Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pipe-dreams Posted 16 May 2009 , 3:20am
post #14 of 26

Getting back to work on my first female torso cake. Really should have been almost done by now, but had to take a 2 hour break for Prison Break finale. I really need a tv in my kitchen! Also been googling places to rent me kitchen space all day thumbsdown.gif not having much luck with it

icer101 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
icer101 Posted 16 May 2009 , 3:21am
post #15 of 26

hi again, this is my second nite on.. leahs, invited me back last week.. not doing a cake .. been working on loopy bow with pearl edge for a golden anniversary coming up in a few weeks.. and some plaques with the no. 50 on it, etc.. leahs , glad you got your ribbons right... patticakesnc.. your baby shower cake is very pretty.. and good job on your yellow jacket... tdybear1978.. i,m tired just knowing all you are doing..ha! good luck with it all.. and pinkZiab.. know your carved 13 will look great.. have a good nite, everyone.. probably will be back on in a little while..

CanadianChick Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CanadianChick Posted 16 May 2009 , 3:22am
post #16 of 26

no cakes tonight, hopefully - just waiting for a lemon meringue pie to be chilled through to see if a new recipe will actually SET for me...

if the filling works, then I have two lemon meringue pies to bake for a party tomorrow, along with a bunch of spinach and cheese phyllo pastries.

if it doesn't work, I'm gonna have to bake a cake...and damned if I know what it'll end up being!!!

the fact that my meringue is beading is just another problem...

leah_s Posted 16 May 2009 , 3:32am
post #17 of 26

Total for this weekend, 4 wedding cakes (1- 5 tier, 2 - 4 tier, 1- 3 tier) 1 baby shower cake, 2 anniversary tiers.

Next weekend, 7 weddings. 2 Friday, 2 Saturday, 2 Sunday, 1 Monday.

June is looking light, though.

sandykay Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sandykay Posted 16 May 2009 , 3:41am
post #18 of 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by leahs

Total for this weekend, 4 wedding cakes (1- 5 tier, 2 - 4 tier, 1- 3 tier) 1 baby shower cake, 2 anniversary tiers.

Next weekend, 7 weddings. 2 Friday, 2 Saturday, 2 Sunday, 1 Monday.

June is looking light, though.

Wow you have a full schedule. I have no cakes, but plan to try another recipe from Macsmom just for the family.

Lita829 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Lita829 Posted 16 May 2009 , 3:42am
post #19 of 26

WOW...you ladies are seem very busy. Not that much going on here...just trying to establish a new clientel. Much of my former business came from my old jobs. I'm pretty much still in hobby phase icon_cry.gif

One birthday cake due Monday and an order of lemon sugar cookies due on Weds.

newnancy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
newnancy Posted 16 May 2009 , 3:44am
post #20 of 26

leahs,
You make me tired & all I'm doing is reading this forum, nothing going on tonight.....just planning. Have a Good Night everybody.

aquamom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
aquamom Posted 16 May 2009 , 3:55am
post #21 of 26

I've got a lot to do this weekend -at least for me. I need to make cream cheese pieces for a 2 layer 12"x 18" cake ( okay--I was told this is a 1/2 sheet cake). They pieces will go ontop of and the side of the cake. I am making extra to serve on the side. I tried to do this once today but life happened .

I am making the cake and anywhere between 50-75 cupcakes tomorrow. I hope to have the cupcakes frosted by tomorrow night . And I want to have the cake crumb coated by tomorrow night I plan to decorate it really early on Sunday morning.

Yes-- I should have started some of these things a couple of days ago but our schedule has been really busy.

Oh well --off to work icon_smile.gif

janelwaters Posted 16 May 2009 , 4:05am
post #22 of 26

Well, I wiped my tears and blew my nose from watching Farrah and busted behind to get my poker chips and cards cut out. They are now drying and I will finish the cake for the party tomorrow night.

Going to chill and relax for a few before heading to bed.

Leahs - seriously! How do you do all of that?!?!?!?!?!?! icon_eek.gif CRAZY!!!!

leah_s Posted 16 May 2009 , 4:15am
post #23 of 26

Sleep is overrated.

However, since I was up till 4 a.m. last night and it's after midnight now, I'm crashing. 'Night!

Carry on.

Cathy26 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cathy26 Posted 16 May 2009 , 12:02pm
post #24 of 26

had this christening cake to do - pretty pleased with it but glad i dont get asked to to balls often - all that rolling at 11.30 at night - not good!!
LL

aquamom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
aquamom Posted 16 May 2009 , 1:03pm
post #25 of 26

Cathy--the Christening cake is beautiful. I agree with Leahs sleep is highly over rated. Leahs--I admire your work and your work ethic.

Lita829 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Lita829 Posted 16 May 2009 , 2:32pm
post #26 of 26

What a beautiful cake, Cathy24!! I also admire Leahs work ethic. She's right....get that cake done By all means necessary thumbs_up.gif .

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%