Cake Balls Or Pops?

Decorating By laurensmitty1982 Updated 17 May 2009 , 6:58am by noyhoward

laurensmitty1982 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
laurensmitty1982 Posted 16 May 2009 , 12:58am
post #1 of 8

I have made the cake pop recipe off of Bakerilla. It didnt really work though. The mixture was too moist to hold shape and when it was room temp, it was almost wet-like. It tastes good when it was frozed but was it went to room temp not so much..

Im making 500 of these for a benefit and need to figure it out before then
Has anyone tried this recipe? Did you alter it? Any tips? TIA

7 replies
ptanyer Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ptanyer Posted 16 May 2009 , 1:08am
post #2 of 8

I haven't made that particular recipe, but I made some cake balls last month and they were too moist, so I made some more cake and baked it a little longer until it was somewhat a drier cake and mixed them together and it worked great. Everyone loved them. HTH's icon_smile.gif

bbmom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bbmom Posted 16 May 2009 , 1:13am
post #3 of 8

I just made the bakerella recipe yesterday, and had the same problem. I made them into cake balls, I dont think they'd hold up as the pops. They were really squishy at room temp. I might try it again but use less frosting and also let the cake scraps dry out a bit first...maybe not crumble the cake while warm or crumble it and spread out on a sheet to dry. On the allrecipes site there is the same recipe and hundreds of people have reviewed them, maybe go to the site and read what the suggestions are. i think I'll try it because those cupcake bites are just the cutest thing ever.

noyhoward Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
noyhoward Posted 16 May 2009 , 1:14am
post #4 of 8

I made some & used WASC as my base & they are dense enough to shapebut at the same time moist.I shaped them bu hands since I didn't have the flower cutter.

bananabread Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bananabread Posted 16 May 2009 , 7:10am
post #5 of 8

Ihave made that recipe several times, and they were ok, everybody loved them. I use home made cake. Maybe you have to add more cake crumbs, I used philadelphia creamcheese.

anamado Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
anamado Posted 16 May 2009 , 8:37am
post #6 of 8

I don't know that recipe, but when I make cake ball and it gets too soft, I add some really well smashed cookies into it.

laurensmitty1982 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
laurensmitty1982 Posted 17 May 2009 , 2:13am
post #7 of 8

I tried them again tonight, I only added about 1/3 of the frosting to it, and they seem better but their still freezing.. Have any of you tried it with a different type of frosting or does it have to be cream cheese frosting? I was thinking of doing strawberry cake with strawberry frosting, but I wouldnt want to mess it up if cream cheese frosting is needed..

noyhoward Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
noyhoward Posted 17 May 2009 , 6:58am
post #8 of 8

You can use whatever frosting you like.I've done it using whatever frosting I have left after doing a cake,most of the time it's buttercream.I never measure it,I just eyeball it.I add a little @ a time to make sure it's holding together.If you add too much they will be mushy & too little they will not hold together when you try to put the stick in.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%