Flavors

Decorating By brittanyshayne Updated 27 May 2009 , 2:21am by brittanyshayne

brittanyshayne Posted 16 May 2009 , 12:51am
post #1 of 4

My sister is getting married next year and we are trying to start the planning process. One of the things she has asked me to do is help with the cake. I found this website (and LOVE it!!) when I was looking for my wedding cake. We have a few picture ideas, but they don't want just the plain ole' white cake with buttercream...they want different! I'm asking for help on popular flavor combinations that have been a success.

Thank you!!!!!!!!!

3 replies
mkolmar Posted 16 May 2009 , 2:37am
post #2 of 4

You'll get a ton of answers for this one. I like the White Almond Sour Cream cake posted on here, but if you're worried about nut allergies than just make it with Vanilla extracts instead.
I'll just start listing off some different flavors but there's endless possibilities.
Chocolate - Bourbon
Hazelnut- chocolate chip
orange - vanilla
chocolate-raspberry
white or choc. cake with marachino cherries
Whiskey sour cake
coconut with coconut rum
Mango cake
Pistachio
Lemon cake with raspberry liquor

I personally like different flavors but for some reason find most people prefer white or chocolate cake. If they want something a little different they usually do a different type of filling like oreo, a curd, mousse, whipped ganache or cheesecake instead of the basic BC filling (of course there are more options than this too). You could also do a cake and torte it so you have 3 layers for filling and do 2 to 3 different fillings per tier.

TexasSugar Posted 16 May 2009 , 2:48am
post #3 of 4

I love pineapple and coconut together. Plus Lemon and raspberry or blueberry.

brittanyshayne Posted 27 May 2009 , 2:21am
post #4 of 4

Thanks so much...I just went to a wedding and thought I'd share their flavor it was sooooooooo good!!! It was butter pecan cake, with butter pecan icing. The icing was an ivory color and was very pretty too!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%