Ecrandal Cookie Cutters - Favorites?

Baking By Joanne1944 Updated 19 May 2009 , 7:00pm by kneadacookie

Joanne1944 Posted 15 May 2009 , 8:29pm
post #1 of 12

I am picking this up from another post. These cutters really deserve their own thread.
The website is www.ecrandal.com
This is a small family business (Eric and Jamie Border with help from their six children). If you go to the website, you will see a picture of this delightful family.

I have several of their cutters and I just love them. The quality of their cutters is the absolute best (and I have hundreds of cutters). Now when I need a cutter, I check their website first. They have so many creative and original designs.

It is so hard to pick a favorite. I love my tiered wedding cake cutter with the heart on top. The Cinderella coach is the best ever. I love the cookies I have made with it. I am really excited about the Hibiscus flower I just ordered. I have a long wish list for these cutters. I think my favorite is a custom cutter Eric made from a picture of my dog, an American Hairless Terrier. Of course, i had to have the fire hydrant, a dog bone and the dog house to go along with it.

Each cutter is individually packaged with the name of the cutter on it - really cute and they make wonderful gifts.

I have never met Eric and Jamie, but feel like I know them. They are wonderful about communicating about your order. They are #1 on my list.

I noticed on their website they are offering a discount to new customers if you.
Joanne

11 replies
cindy58 Posted 15 May 2009 , 8:43pm
post #2 of 12

I have several ecrandal cutters and lots more on my wish list! The designs themselves are definitely a step up from the usual and the workmanship is a joy to behold.

Last weekend I made Princess Hat cookies with a new ecrandal cutter (in my photos). They were fun to decorate.

auntbeesbaking Posted 15 May 2009 , 8:57pm
post #3 of 12

Hi Joanne,

Thank you for sharing this with us. I just went to their website and they have some wonderful, unique designs! The discount is 25% for new customers! Their customer service and guarantees sound out of this world! thumbs_up.gif

Have a good weekend!

kneadacookie Posted 16 May 2009 , 3:18am
post #4 of 12

i sent them an email about a price for ordering specialty designed cookie cutters and never heard back from them. i like their work, and having 5 kids of my own, i love the idea of supporting the "family business". maybe i'll still hear from them.

Honeydukes Posted 16 May 2009 , 3:39am
post #5 of 12

I LOVE the Soaring Heart. It was the first ecrandal cookie cutter I'd ever seen and had to have it... found their website and that's when the love affair began... icon_lol.gificon_biggrin.gif I also ordered the book and inkwell for book club cookies.

My latest (got it in the mail just this morning!) is the Work Boot. I'm making some combat boot cookies to send to my nephew in the Middle East. It's so cute!

Here's someone's take on the Soaring Heart:
http:[email protected]/3276675106/

Honeydukes Posted 16 May 2009 , 3:44am
post #6 of 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by kneadacookie

i sent them an email about a price for ordering specialty designed cookie cutters and never heard back from them. i like their work, and having 5 kids of my own, i love the idea of supporting the "family business". maybe i'll still hear from them.

Knead, send them another note and/ or give them a call on Monday. I know they were having problems with one email service.

Try this one: [email protected]

They'd be upset to know they missed someone. icon_sad.gif

kneadacookie Posted 16 May 2009 , 12:29pm
post #7 of 12

thanks honey, i will

Joanne1944 Posted 16 May 2009 , 12:33pm
post #8 of 12

Hi Knead,
I agree with Honeydukes. If they didn't respond, they somehow didn't receive your Email. They are absolutely the best at customer service.

When I ordered a custom cutter, they were in touch with me several times. I was amazed at how far they go to be helpful. Their cutters have the best workmanship of any cutters available. They are real keepsakes. I am planning to order the custom handprint cookies for each of my grandchildren at Christmas.
Joanne

Joanne1944 Posted 16 May 2009 , 8:56pm
post #9 of 12

cr8zchpr made some awesome cookies with the ecrandal Cinderella carriage cutter. These cookies are just beautiful.

http://www.cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=gallery&file=displayimage&pid=1338149

I have this cutter and it is wonderful. Their castle and tiara cutters are the best.

Joanne1944 Posted 16 May 2009 , 9:01pm
post #10 of 12

I don't think the URL came through correctly. Let's try again.

http://www.cakecentral.com/cake-photo_1338149.html

Joanne1944 Posted 19 May 2009 , 12:29pm
post #11 of 12

I just saw some new ecrandal cookie cutters on ebay - good prices, too.

kneadacookie Posted 19 May 2009 , 7:00pm
post #12 of 12

i'm such a dummy. i somehow sent the email to business email and never figured it out. what an idiot. anyways, i resent the email and heard back from them right away. i think i may have some of my more popular cutters made up. that should save me a little bit of time before the carpal tunnel takes over...lol

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%