Adding Ribbon & Gumpaste Decor To My Whip Cream Frosted

Decorating By SweetSuzie Updated 15 May 2009 , 10:50pm by SweetSuzie

SweetSuzie Posted 15 May 2009 , 6:10pm
post #1 of 3

I am making a grad cake for my son that will be frosted in whip cream (mixture of bettercream and stabilized whipped cream). My question is do you think adding a ribbon around this rectangle cake and gumpaste letter to top or side plus one of those gumpaste starburst would be stable on there? His school colors which are the theme colors for the party are black and silver. Because coloring anything black whip cream or buttercream leaves a bitter taste and tends to run I'm using the black or silver ribbon, the metallic sugar balls, and black or silver gumpaste as accents. Need advice if you, the professionals think that would be ok? His party is in two weeks so I really would appreciate your help. Thanks in advance

2 replies
sugarMomma Posted 15 May 2009 , 6:20pm
post #2 of 3

I'm thinking the moisture in the icing may make the fondant/gumpaste soften or even bleed. If you have two weeks until, maybe you could take it on a small test run to see?

SweetSuzie Posted 15 May 2009 , 10:50pm
post #3 of 3

Thanks ...I'm going to do a test run like you recommended. But if anyone else has any more advice I'd appreciate it.

Quote by @%username% on %date%