Help Me Again Please

Decorating By tiggerjo Updated 15 May 2009 , 9:13pm by Redlotusninjagrl

tiggerjo Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tiggerjo Posted 15 May 2009 , 3:46pm
post #1 of 14

aahhh am I retarted or what....should I not know what icing sugar is!! Is it confectionary sugar? also, can someone tell me how to make gum paste glue. Unable to bring up the video on work computer. thanks in advance.

13 replies
renee2007 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
renee2007 Posted 15 May 2009 , 4:07pm
post #2 of 14

I'm pretty sure icing sugar and confectionary sugar are the same thing. Take a little piece of gumpaste and let it dissolve in some water. maybe some one will reply that can tell you exactly how. hope this helps icon_smile.gif

aggiechef Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
aggiechef Posted 15 May 2009 , 4:12pm
post #3 of 14

Gumpaste glue: 1/4 tsp of gumpaste in 2 TBSP water. break gumpaste into very small pieces and let dissolve in the water.

Hope this helps. icon_smile.gif

weirkd Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
weirkd Posted 15 May 2009 , 4:13pm
post #4 of 14

Yes, Icing sugar is the same as confectionary sugar. Also, you can make gum glue with either hot water & tylose powder or gum arabic.

Cakepro Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cakepro Posted 15 May 2009 , 5:46pm
post #5 of 14

Just out of curiosity ~ have you tried using the search feature of this website? The recipe for gum glue has been posted like 10,000 times. icon_smile.gif

tiggerjo Posted 15 May 2009 , 5:54pm
post #6 of 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cakepro

Just out of curiosity ~ have you tried using the search feature of this website? The recipe for gum glue has been posted like 10,000 times. icon_smile.gif

Yes I have tried search several times and it does not work. icon_confused.gif

Bluehue Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Bluehue Posted 15 May 2009 , 5:56pm
post #7 of 14

WOW- i didn't know that about your sugars.
Our Castor Sugar is grainy/gritty and our pure icing sugar (your confectionary sugar) is so smooth and dissolves instantly when on our tongue.

The things i learn - icon_smile.gif
Bluehue

Cakepro Posted 15 May 2009 , 6:14pm
post #8 of 14

If you scroll up and look just underneath the tabs, you'll see the word "SEARCH." If you click it, you will be able to search for many wonderful things. If I recall correctly, the search image on the homepage does not function, but I use the search feature by clicking the word almost daily, so I can tell you that it definitely does work. A search just now for "gum glue" pulled up many discussions on the subject. icon_smile.gif

zomac Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
zomac Posted 15 May 2009 , 6:19pm
post #9 of 14

Icing sugar is what we call confectioners sugar in the UK (or is it powdered sugar??)

tiggerjo Posted 15 May 2009 , 6:25pm
post #10 of 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cakepro

If you scroll up and look just underneath the tabs, you'll see the word "SEARCH." If you click it, you will be able to search for many wonderful things. If I recall correctly, the search image on the homepage does not function, but I use the search feature by clicking the word almost daily, so I can tell you that it definitely does work. A search just now for "gum glue" pulled up many discussions on the subject. icon_smile.gif

Thanks, I tried both search "areas". The computer goes thru all the motions but when it is done, my page is blank.

Cakepro Posted 15 May 2009 , 6:26pm
post #11 of 14

Icing sugar is the same as powdered sugar is the same as confectioner's sugar. icon_smile.gif

-K8memphis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-K8memphis Posted 15 May 2009 , 6:26pm
post #12 of 14

I use egg white -- for like attaching gum paste to gum paste likeflower petals & stuff I mean.

-K8memphis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-K8memphis Posted 15 May 2009 , 8:57pm
post #13 of 14

Ok wait--a CakeBuddy is laughing at me 'cause I said egg white.
It's really egg white and a little water but...

That's what I use--we're talking about gluing flower petals together?
Gum paste glue? Egg white and water.

Lots of people use egg white to glue gum paste flowers together.
Scott Clark Wooley comes to mind...I'm sure there's tons of others.

icon_biggrin.gif

Redlotusninjagrl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Redlotusninjagrl Posted 15 May 2009 , 9:13pm
post #14 of 14

tiggerjo - I often have the same problem with the search function. I get recipes and gallery photos but nothing under the "forums" for topics that I know have been covered. I am glad you were able to get an answer on the gum glue. icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%