Will My Coookies Be Sitting Out Too Long?

Baking By CookieMeister Updated 18 May 2009 , 3:20pm by splymale

CookieMeister Posted 15 May 2009 , 2:42pm
post #1 of 6

I'm making a large cookie order for next weekend, and have been trying to plan my schedule out in advance. The primary problem is that I work a full time job, and the cookies are due Saturday morning, so I'm going to have to use my evenings. The secondary problem is that I will be using some contrasting colors and will have to be careful about color bleeding, so I'll need to give them plenty of drying time between colors.

So the way I'm looking at it now, I'd have to flood part 1 of the cookies on Weds (red), flood part 2 of the cookies on Thursday (white) and do the piping on Friday night, and then she'll pick them up Saturday morning.

The weather is supposed to be pretty humid. I use the NFSC recipe.

Will these cookies be all dried out and gross?

5 replies
kay52178 Posted 15 May 2009 , 2:49pm
post #2 of 6

It always takes me that long to do the cookies and they are fine.

GeminiRJ Posted 15 May 2009 , 4:57pm
post #3 of 6

I think sugar cookies taste just fine for about 5 days. Then I can start to detect a slight fall-off in taste and texture. Even if you started Monday night, they'd still be fine. Maybe you should think about starting them before Wednesday night, just to give yourself some breathing room!

cylstrial Posted 16 May 2009 , 8:08pm
post #4 of 6

I'm with Gemini. I think the cookies are great for about 5 days. I know some people give them 7 days. It looks like you should be good to go!

1234me Posted 17 May 2009 , 1:56pm
post #5 of 6

I have read on here once that some people have used NFSC and eaten them 14 days after they were baked and were still happy with them! You will be fine!

splymale Posted 18 May 2009 , 3:20pm
post #6 of 6

After they dry completly, place them in a sealed tupperware container & they will stay fresh longer.

Quote by @%username% on %date%