Need Ideas For A Water Slide On A Cake

Decorating By ljberry Updated 15 May 2009 , 8:38pm by ljberry

ljberry Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ljberry Posted 15 May 2009 , 12:08pm
post #1 of 5

I am making a three tiered topsy turvy cake for my niece's waterpark party and I want to make a slide that starts at the top and twists around the cake as it decends to the bottom. Does anyone have any ideas how I can do this?

4 replies
Loucinda Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Loucinda Posted 15 May 2009 , 12:32pm
post #2 of 5

I was going to suggest to use the flower formers (wilton) but that won't work if it has to curve....can you cover some paper towel rolls with saran wrap and cover them with fondant to make the slide? They would give some and possibly be able to build your slide form that way??? Just toss the paper towel roll after the fondant has set some and is still pliable to bend around the tiers??

CCCTina Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CCCTina Posted 15 May 2009 , 12:47pm
post #3 of 5

Do you have the old Mouse Trap board game? Didn't that have slides in it? If you could get your hands on it, you could use the plastic pieces directly or use them as a mold. Otherwise, find some flexible tubing at a hardware store and mold fondant/gumpaste on to one half of it. That is the only thing I can think of. Good luck!

Loucinda Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Loucinda Posted 15 May 2009 , 12:50pm
post #4 of 5

This is why I LOVE this site.....flexible tubing....I never thought of that. DUH! (GREAT idea!!)

ljberry Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ljberry Posted 15 May 2009 , 8:38pm
post #5 of 5

Thanks guys, it's really nice to be able to get other peoples ideas when you have a brain fart and can't think any more. Those are great ideas! Thanks.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%