Please Help, I Made A Big Mistake!

Decorating By Caths_Cakes Updated 15 May 2009 , 4:27pm by Rose_N_Crantz

Caths_Cakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Caths_Cakes Posted 15 May 2009 , 11:55am
post #1 of 6

im making my brothers engagment cake which is due in four hours!!! the bottom two tiers are covered, and might i say beautiful! they are fruit cake, so i had no trouble with them.

The top tier is a chocolate sponge with choc ganash! i made the mistake of covering it with fondant just as i had taken it from the fridge, the icing started to sweat and went sticky, i attempted to transfer it onto cake, but it was so sticky all my finger prints shown up and it looks awful. ive removed it, taken the icing off, binned it and left the cake out to come down to room temp. i know i can make it work and it will be lovley.

im just panicking and stressing thinking omg il never get it finished ive only got four hours (its only a 6 inch cake , plain white iced with lilac hearts stuck on) i know it wont take me that long! some one please throw a bucket of cold water on me and tell me to get a grip!!!!!!

5 replies
khkakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
khkakes Posted 15 May 2009 , 12:19pm
post #2 of 6

Big wave of cold water comes crashing in - your soaked. No get up get a to towel, dry off, put on some dry big girl panties and take a deep breath and get back to work. (Was that over that too much?)

whisperingmadcow Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
whisperingmadcow Posted 15 May 2009 , 12:21pm
post #3 of 6

I know when your in a time crunch, every mintue seems like forever, but you have to just wait a mintue for it to come to temp.

This sounds like a simple design so just prep as much as you can in advance and then rock it out!

Good Luck!

solascakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
solascakes Posted 15 May 2009 , 12:27pm
post #4 of 6

You'll be fine as you said it's a simple design,I'm sure you'll be laughing at yourself later.Good luck.

Caths_Cakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Caths_Cakes Posted 15 May 2009 , 2:52pm
post #5 of 6

your all right, i waited, fixed it and it looks amazing, and i still have two hours before pick up!!!! Wooh for me haha! thankyou x x

Rose_N_Crantz Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Rose_N_Crantz Posted 15 May 2009 , 4:27pm
post #6 of 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by khkakes

Big wave of cold water comes crashing in - your soaked. No get up get a to towel, dry off, put on some dry big girl panties and take a deep breath and get back to work. (Was that over that too much?)

icon_biggrin.gificon_lol.gificon_biggrin.gificon_lol.gif big girl panties! that's too funny! I might have to use that one....

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%