Projectors???

Decorating By ski Updated 15 May 2009 , 7:31am by chilz822

ski Posted 15 May 2009 , 4:59am
post #1 of 7

I am interested in purchasing a projector like the smaller ones they sell at the hobby store(AC Moore, Michaels) I wondered if anyone has one or have used one before? Do they get very hot while over a cake? your favorite one? Any help would be much appreciated. TIA!!! icon_biggrin.gif

6 replies
chefjulie Posted 15 May 2009 , 5:04am
post #2 of 7

Dont waste your money on one of the cheaper models. Seriously, it wont work! The shadow from your hand will get in the way and you wont be able to see past it to decorate. I have the KopyKake 300XK and it is great. I got it for under $200, and it was worth every penny.

I debated a long time between the 300XK and the KK 1000 (which was quite a bit more) and am glad I chose the 300. I was going to get the 1000 because it says it works in light, while the 300 works best in dim light. However, I use it all the time in my WELL-lit kitchen (next to my bay windows) and I have no complaints!

ski Posted 15 May 2009 , 5:39am
post #3 of 7

Excellent! So you are getting a really clear projection? And what about the heat factor? I have a very detailed design to do and will prob take a little while to do. thanks for your advice Julie ! thumbs_up.gif

chefjulie Posted 15 May 2009 , 5:49am
post #4 of 7

It's definitely hot INSIDE where the bulb is, but it doesnt seem to escape much, if at all. I had it on for like 5 hours straight last week and it was fine.

The projection is CRYSTAL clear, and it's incredibly user friendly.

ski Posted 15 May 2009 , 5:53am
post #5 of 7

Thanks so much! I just found it at Jerryartarama for 179.00!

chefjulie Posted 15 May 2009 , 6:35am
post #6 of 7

Okay, so I gotta say... Jerry's Artarama SUCKS BIG TIME.

That's where I ordered mine, and not only did they charge me TWICE, they charged me $70 SHIPPING for UPS 2nd day shipping and didnt ship it for TWO WEEKS. They NEVER EVERY return phone calls or emails either. Im actually having to go through my bank to protest charges because they wont return my calls.

My total SHOULD have been $181 WITH shipping (and that's what my receipt says, too). I wouldnt recommend them to my worst enemy!

chilz822 Posted 15 May 2009 , 7:31am
post #7 of 7

wow, I bought mine from Jerry's too, super fast shipping and best price I found anywhere. I saved about $50 over Kopykake's site with shipping. My only complaint is that when I called them to request the tracking number, all I got was an answering machine and they never returned the call. I emailed and asked and they confiormed the shipment and told me when to expect it, but no tracking number was emailed. I wrote again and got no response, but had my projector in 4 days and I LOVE IT!!!!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%