Good Place To Purchase Cake Stuff Online?

Decorating By Munchkinette Updated 29 May 2009 , 9:11am by LadyKinster

Munchkinette Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Munchkinette Posted 15 May 2009 , 3:10am
post #1 of 7

What are some good online stores for purchasing baking supplies? Especially with the best deal? I'm looking to purchase some round and square magic line pans, fondant and a few other items.

Becky

6 replies
terrylee Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
terrylee Posted 15 May 2009 , 3:24am
post #2 of 7

Into the Oven, Global sugar art, Country Kitchen Sweet Art, haven't gotten anything from Fancy Flours but that's another one. check their online catelogs for price matching. The first three have been good for me.

I mostly by fondant and a few tools....we are lucky to have two cake stores in my area.

MyDiwa Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MyDiwa Posted 15 May 2009 , 3:45am
post #3 of 7

I buy most of my stuff from GSA (global sugar art) because I love their customer service and they generally have a comprehensive product list. I have also bought from icingonlinestore, shop bakers nook, pastry chef and candyland crafts, but these were mostly one off purchases.

I have also heard that fondant source has good prices on fondant but I have never personally bought from there.

ceshell Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ceshell Posted 15 May 2009 , 3:56am
post #4 of 7

Remember if you shop at Gl. Sugar Art, to link to their site directly from the ad on CC before you make your purchase. If you do that, GSA pays CC a % of the order total, to help fund the site. Yay! They are a great place to shop, as they are totally committed to the CC community. I also like cakeart.us for small orders of small things (meaning like, say, two pots of luster dust); they're the only place I've found that doesn't charge an absurd shipping fee even if you only order products with a shipping weight of (say...) 3 ounces.

As for the pans, also don't forget to check out Amazon.com; occassionally they run good deals or sometimes you can come across things with free supersaver shipping. Always worth a look at least. I've NEVER seen fondant there though (meaning: not with free shipping); it's always sold by one of their merchant partners.

pipe-dreams Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pipe-dreams Posted 17 May 2009 , 1:22am
post #5 of 7

fondantsource .com is THE BEST! The customer service is excellent, the shipping is cheap and very fast, the products are cheaper than anywhere else online. They are still expanding, so if they are out of stock, just call or email Brian, the owner, and he'll either tell you when it is coming in or set some aside for you. If you want something they don't carry, just email him and he will get it for you. Plus, enter cakecentral in the coupon/discount area and get 10% off your purchase!!

summernoelle Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
summernoelle Posted 18 May 2009 , 1:47pm
post #6 of 7

intotheoven.com has great shipping prices and good prices on fondant, but they don't have everything I need.

My biggest problem with Global Sugar Art is that the shipping is too expensive and S-L-O-W. But they have SPS. So, it's usually a toss up between money and need.

LadyKinster Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LadyKinster Posted 29 May 2009 , 9:11am
post #7 of 7

Can we say who NOT to buy from??? Just had a bad experience.... ordered sugarpaste gums to try "unbreakable" RI, the label said Expires May 2009... hello it's May2009... they said it really wasn't expired, the FDA just requires an expiration date...What???? Then, the size I ordered was not the size I recieved and was told they were not aware the manufacturer changed the label. Again, What??? They closed my account and will not answer my e-mails. They said I could send it back on my dime, and they would credit me back... by the time I do that, I'll have spent what I will be returned!! AARRGGHHH!
TFL

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%