Help! Royal Icing On Candy Clay?

Decorating By Amanda621 Updated 15 May 2009 , 11:05am by Amanda621

Amanda621 Posted 15 May 2009 , 1:14am
post #1 of 4

This is my first time attempting either, and now that I have it all made and am about to decorate....i got to wondering. Will the water in the royal icing effect the chocolate in the candy clay? Or is it such a small amount that it wont matter? I'm trying to draw a picture with royal icing on a candy clay "plaque"

3 replies
Amanda621 Posted 15 May 2009 , 10:53am
post #2 of 4

can anyone help? i really dont want to ruin this thing, and i need it for this weekend for someone graduting the fire academy.

Starkie Posted 15 May 2009 , 11:01am
post #3 of 4

WOW! That's a great plaque! Did you freehand that or did you have a mold?

Anyway, I have never used royal icing on candy clay, but if you have some leftove clay, I would use a little royal on that and let it sit for an hour or so and see what it does. If nothing else, you can use chocolate to decorate it. HTH!

Amanda621 Posted 15 May 2009 , 11:05am
post #4 of 4

I just cut out a picture of what i needed and sat it right on top of the clay. Then I cut the shape w/ an exacto knife, then lightly traced the lines of the picture with a toothpick to give an outline on the clay, then went back and went over the lines to make them more defined.

That's a great idea--i didnt even think about trying it out with the leftover--thank you!!!

Quote by @%username% on %date%