Celebrity Clients? Care To Share?

Decorating By kellertur Updated 15 May 2009 , 4:22am by __Jamie__

kellertur Posted 15 May 2009 , 12:38am
post #1 of 4

I have been wondering lately, who's had celebrity clients and who they've been. If so, did you get to meet the actual person.

This week I've had my first celebrity cake experience (local celebrity, known in region/state only, that I know of) but it's still exciting.

Please share your (true) stories. (unless it's one of those "top secret" situations where you're sworn to secrecy...)

Thanks icon_smile.gif

3 replies
Rose_N_Crantz Posted 15 May 2009 , 12:47am
post #2 of 4

I did a cake for Chuck Lindberg, the last surviving member of the group who raised the flag at Iwo Jima. It was his birthday cake and we put a few magazine covers that had his pic on the cake, as well as a bunch of other patriotic stuff.

But then, three days before the party, the host calls and says the birthday cake was now going to be a memorial cake. It was still an honor though.

classiccake Posted 15 May 2009 , 3:49am
post #3 of 4

I live in a large metro area and have had quite a few:

Larry Bird (sports)- cakes for birthdays and Christmas

Ron Artest (sports) - wedding cake and birthday cakes

John Mellencamp (Musician)- wife's birthday

Charles Schwab Jr.(Business) - birthday cake for his triplets

AJ Foyt the 4th (race driver)- his race car for his birthday

Larry Brown (sports)- birthday cakes

Isiah Thomas (sports) - sister-in-law's wedding at his home

Helio Castroneves (race driver) - birthday cake

Rick Carlisle (sports)- daughter's christening and birthdays

Reggie Wayne (sports)- birthday

Reggie Miller(sports)- cake for his private suite

Herb and Mel Simon (Simon Malls and IN Pacers) many cakes

Simon families - cakes for all occasions (doing Mel's granddaughter's HS graduation cake at the end of the month)

Jermaine O'Neal (sports) - birthday cakes

Nelly Furtado(musician) - birthday cake

Ruth Lilly (heir to Eli Lilly Drugs) -birthday cakes

Scott Jones (invented voice mail) wedding, birthday, office, showers, etc.

Many of the business leaders, mayors, etc. in the area, various lesser known Indianapolis Colts and Pacer players.

I have met Ron Artest, Larry Brown, Reggie Wayne, Nelly Furtado, some of the Simons, Scott Jones (who gave me and my employees a private tour of his home.) I have also been in several homes to deliver cakes.

Many of these folks have personal assistants who do all the arranging and ordering of cakes.

__Jamie__ Posted 15 May 2009 , 4:22am
post #4 of 4

Dang! That's a nice list of celebs!!

Ok, so I live in a pretty small town, and got a heads up on a potential lead for cake to serve 600. The way I figure, that means everyone in my town will know at least one person that knows at least one person who would be attending that wedding. So this may be a "local" celebrity or just someone from a huge farming family. Either way......600 people???? Yeah, dying to know who this is gonna be!

Quote by @%username% on %date%