Please Help! How To Make Fondant Harder

Decorating By cakecrazy09 Updated 15 May 2009 , 12:51am by underthesun

cakecrazy09 Posted 15 May 2009 , 12:36am
post #1 of 4

To all you very smart CC peeps. What did I do wrong now? I made a thin black fondant square piece. It will be the flat top of a graduation hat. I made it out of Satin Ice fondant with about 3 tsp of telouse powder on Monday. It still is not hard. When I lift it up it starts top flop. Any ideas how to get it hard by tomorrow? tia

3 replies
Texas_Rose Posted 15 May 2009 , 12:48am
post #2 of 4

I wonder if it's something about black...I made a loopy bow with black MMF and Tylose and it didn't dry in the time it usually takes for a loopy bow, even without adding Tylose.

If it doesn't harden up enough, you could get a thin piece of cardboard and cover that.

I've heard that some people will put their fondant pieces in the oven with the light on and oven off to help them dry faster.

cathie_shinnick Posted 15 May 2009 , 12:48am
post #3 of 4

I cant tell you how to make what you have aleady made hard, but how about if you put it on a piece of cardboard and trim it to the size of the square. Just a thought. Good Luck icon_smile.gif

underthesun Posted 15 May 2009 , 12:51am
post #4 of 4

I've put it in the oven with only the light on overnight. It works fairly well considering my humidity. I'm making one tomorrow so i would love to hear what others have to say. I'm also using Satin ice fondant and tylose.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%