Lita829 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Lita829 Posted 19 May 2009 , 12:57am
post #31 of 38

Well said, Tasha27 thumbs_up.gif

Tita9499 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Tita9499 Posted 19 May 2009 , 1:56am
post #32 of 38

High-five Tasha!

I'm serious, I'm 1/2 Black, 1/2 Puerto Rican...you don't think someone gets talked about in my family? If it's not the uncle named "Peaches", it's the drunk aunt that still thinks she's fine enough to "take your man, nena!". There's always someone to make fun of; sometimes it's you, sometimes it's not.

edited to fix my grammar so you wouldn't think I'm the drunk aunt

Tita9499 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Tita9499 Posted 19 May 2009 , 1:57am
post #33 of 38

PS: If you never hear anyone in your family talking about anyone else, then you might be the one they're talking about. Just a thought.

gailsgoodies Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
gailsgoodies Posted 19 May 2009 , 2:41am
post #34 of 38
Quote:
Originally Posted by costumeczar

I got a letter today from my sister, who's a little flaky anyway...There was an article in the paper recently about my business, so I sent her a copy. She wrote back with a nice "congratulations" kind of letter, then proceeds to tell me that her good friend wants one of my cakes for her wedding on July 4th in Southern Alabama (where I do NOT live.)

She suggested that I take a couple of days to come down and visit, promised that she would do all the cooking while we were there (The cake too? Doubt it) and that she would take my kids to the beach and out boating while I decorated the cake! OOOOh, yeah, that sounds like SO MUCH FUN!! Oh, she also has a really small house, and she suggests that we all sleep in the guest room, or the guest shack icon_confused.gif , whatever that is.

I can't think of anything more heinous. Going to the Gulf Coast in the heat of July to bake and decorate a cake in an unfamiliar kitchen, with 180 percent humidity to boot, then sleeping on the floor on a crappy futon (or sleeping bag, from the sound of it.) Oh, and I did mention that my sister's a little flaky...There's no way that I'd ever send my kids out on a boat with her!

So I called her back and left a message that there's not a chance in hell that I'd do that, and she could tell her friend that but to use nicer words...

That was funny thanks for the laugh! The rest of you BEHAVE yourselves! icon_wink.gif

Lisaa1996 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Lisaa1996 Posted 19 May 2009 , 2:53am
post #35 of 38

wow...I love this thread....I'm not the only one with ungrateful family members!!! Please, they act like they are doing us a favor by asking us to do a cake 'cause "it's what we LOVEEEEE to do". Good for you for telling her to stick it! If she really wants this cake done, how about she buys the airfare, puts you up in a hotel, rents out a kitchen for you to use, pays for a nanny for the kids and treats you to a few days on the boat without her after the cake's made???????? icon_smile.gif No aggressions here so no one jump all over me,lol! Just showing how crazy her expectations were. icon_smile.gif

tasha27 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tasha27 Posted 19 May 2009 , 3:04am
post #36 of 38

Hey I don't have the uncle named peaches I have the cousin named peaches and his favorite phrase is child boo but pronounced chile icon_biggrin.gif Now the drunk is my uncle and he is so funny when he gets drunk that we always make sure we have his favorite alcohol to ensure he makes an a$$ of himself and we get a good laugh. icon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gif Wrong yes do we love him dearly will we stop NO!!!!

Cost of food for party....$200 cost of alcohol for party $150....Cost of Unlce Jr. dancing drunk and spinning like james brown......Priceless!!!!!

Lita829 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Lita829 Posted 19 May 2009 , 3:41am
post #37 of 38

LOLROTF......Tasha and Tita ya'll are a mess....but couldn't be more right!!! I'm on the outs with my family but I have a little of all you mentioned. I think they are coo coo for cocoa puffs but they are a part of me...even though I'm the black sheep of the family.

Heck...when I did bake for them...I NEVER got paid...for ingredients, supplies, NADA!! I'd be lucky to get a thank you icon_surprised.gif

Oh well...what can you do.

Neelas_wife Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Neelas_wife Posted 19 May 2009 , 4:55am
post #38 of 38

Good for u! Nice ending to the posticon_smile.gif Truly enjoyed iticon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%