How Do I Make Fondant People?

Decorating By wverbest Updated 14 May 2009 , 11:40pm by Juds2323

wverbest Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
wverbest Posted 14 May 2009 , 10:18pm
post #1 of 5

I want to start practicing making fondant people as I feel I have mastered animal pretty well. Any tutorials out there that I am unaware of? I have search here and found the fairy one but that's all I have found. Is anyone aware of any other tutorials out there. Does Arlene, I think that is her name, have anything???thank you all in advance.

4 replies
ThreeDGirlie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ThreeDGirlie Posted 14 May 2009 , 10:26pm
post #2 of 5

Aine2 is who you're looking for: http://extra-icing.blogspot.com/

She has some free tutorials, and some you have to pay for... But she's really good!

lostincake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lostincake Posted 14 May 2009 , 10:37pm
post #3 of 5

People should be a lot like animals - you just make each of the limbs/parts separately and attach to a main body/torso piece. The only difference is that you have to account for a few extra steps because of the clothes.

I think you could easily adapt any of the animal tutorials to use for people but just make the limbs differently by using the colour of the clothing to make the limb and then adding the non-clothed parts like hands. You could also just add the clothes as a layer of fondant on top.

The ones I've made have all been through trial and error on my own and I've made animal ones too and the process is the same. Check my gallery for the "people" (Santa, Pinocchio, Naruto) and for the "animals" (Toopy & Binoo). I've even modeled a train (Gordon from Thomas & Friends) from fondant.

HTH icon_smile.gif

cakewalkky Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakewalkky Posted 14 May 2009 , 11:16pm
post #4 of 5

I just uploaded my "elves". I got a book on polymer clay figures and learned from it.

Juds2323 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Juds2323 Posted 14 May 2009 , 11:40pm
post #5 of 5

I second Aine2's tutorials. I've bought several of them. My avatar is one I made from inspiration from one of her cakes and adapting one of her tutorials.

HTH

Judi

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%