Fbct On Ganache Cake - What Do You Think?

Decorating By ZlatkaT Updated 15 May 2009 , 12:30am by celestecakes78

ZlatkaT Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ZlatkaT Posted 14 May 2009 , 7:14pm
post #1 of 5

I am sorry, I posted the same Q yesterday, but my post is buried somewhere on xx page. So I am trying again, and last. Thank you!

I know it sounds weird put FBCT on ganache cake. I doubt it. But my RI image is not drying well, we just had overcast, and is not going to be done on Friday. Would that work if I put the FBCT image on wet Ganache cake, before it cools, and then refrigerate? I was thinking of chocolate transfer, but it would be too expensive to purchase all I need (colors or colored melts etc) as I need 7 colors on my image.
I just would like to hear your opinion, or if anybody did this. This is my last option to do the image.

4 replies
ZlatkaT Posted 14 May 2009 , 9:19pm
post #2 of 5

icon_cry.gif No answers. I gues I am on my own icon_cry.gif

classiccake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
classiccake Posted 14 May 2009 , 10:07pm
post #3 of 5

There is no reason that this would not work. When you reinforce the back with icing, just use a dark chocolate so it blends into the color of the ganache.

ZlatkaT Posted 14 May 2009 , 11:43pm
post #4 of 5

Thank you classiccakes! One opinion counts icon_smile.gif

celestecakes78 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
celestecakes78 Posted 15 May 2009 , 12:30am
post #5 of 5

If you want to dry your RI faster you can use a heat lamp or put it in a very low heated oven to dry.With the choc ganache I agree with classiccake it can be done maybe go a little thin with the ganache otherwise your image will sink. hope this helps

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%