How To Make A Fresh Flower Wedding Topper

Decorating By radtech Updated 14 May 2009 , 11:39pm by mareg

radtech Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
radtech Posted 14 May 2009 , 6:01pm
post #1 of 6

I have a bride that would like me to place fresh flowers on her cake that will be supplied by the florist. What do most of you use to place the flowers in for the topper?

5 replies
Tipper12 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Tipper12 Posted 14 May 2009 , 9:05pm
post #2 of 6

I did this on a small wedding cake last week. Used the plastic top from a spray paint can, washed it, stuffed with wet foam, and inserted as many flowers as possile. Then I glued it to a cake board cut to fit and wrapped tulle around the plastic top. I also used edible orchids stuck directly into the cake and some roses inserted into small straws, then stuck into the cake.

indydebi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
indydebi Posted 14 May 2009 , 10:51pm
post #3 of 6

If she wants an "arrangement" made, then her florist makes it. I'm not a florist. I don't do "arrangements". If she just wants flowers laid on top of the cake, I can do that.

leah_s Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
leah_s Posted 14 May 2009 , 10:55pm
post #4 of 6

That's the florist's job, not your job.

pipe-dreams Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pipe-dreams Posted 14 May 2009 , 11:03pm
post #5 of 6

I did this a few months ago. If you look in my gallery you will see what I mean. I just cut the stems off and stuck florist wire in the buds. I cleaned the wire first, and just stuck it in the cake to secure them. I read someone else did a beautiful arragement on top of her cake, which I wish I would have seen first! She cut a styrofoam ball in half. Placed the ball on a small cake board on the top tier. Then she just stuck the stems into the styrofoam ball. It gave it a beautiful "bubble" look.

mareg Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mareg Posted 14 May 2009 , 11:39pm
post #6 of 6

I agree with Indydebi Most florists will make a cake top for the cake. I had mine done that way. Also all the flowers around the cake base too.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%