How To Make A 3D Edible Tree?

Decorating By mom2spunkynbug Updated 14 May 2009 , 10:24pm by mom2spunkynbug

mom2spunkynbug Posted 14 May 2009 , 5:35pm
post #1 of 4

I am supposed to be making a 3d, edible tree to put on a groom's cake. Well I am stuck! I knew it would be hard, but... icon_cry.gif

I made the trunk out of chocolate clay - I have no idea what to make the top/leaves out of, or how?!

Has anyone done this before? It's supposed to be a maple tree with a sap bucket on it. I have no trouble with the tree trunk & sap bucket, it's just the top I need help with!

Any & all ideas are welcome!

3 replies
Frecklepuss Posted 14 May 2009 , 7:26pm
post #2 of 4

I was going to say make it using an ice cream cone, turn it upside down and use BC icing to make the leaves.... but since you said a maple tree ... I am lost. So sorry I can't help. I hope someone else can help!

Starkie Posted 14 May 2009 , 7:34pm
post #3 of 4

I would make maple leaves out of gumpaste, and use edible glue to stick them on (assuming you have branches on your tree, that is...).I'm guessing you could make branches by wrapping chocolate clay around toothpicks or skinny dowels and stick them into the trunk. Sorry, I've never done this, so this is my best idea!

mom2spunkynbug Posted 14 May 2009 , 10:24pm
post #4 of 4

Thanks for the ideas guys!

Smooney - I've made trees like that before...so easy! I wish I could do it that way!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%