Fund Raising Ideas

Lounge By jadak Updated 25 May 2009 , 5:21pm by margaretb

jadak Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jadak Posted 14 May 2009 , 4:16pm
post #1 of 7

A Mom in my area is battling brain cancer. She is, unfortunately, losing her fight. Another Mom and I are trying to think of a way to raise some money for the family. I inquired at the bank about an account for them, but that might not work out.

I had the idea to do a cake auction (of course). Does anyone have other ideas....an even that would be relatively cheap/easy to organize, but would bring in some money for this family? Thanks.

6 replies
mmdiez10 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mmdiez10 Posted 14 May 2009 , 4:57pm
post #2 of 7

How about a bake sale like some schools do?

jadak Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jadak Posted 14 May 2009 , 5:00pm
post #3 of 7

Good idea. Thanks.

djs328 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
djs328 Posted 14 May 2009 , 5:09pm
post #4 of 7

ALso - sometimes local restaurants will donate a portion of profits for one night (Applebee's, Chick-Fil-A, Uno's, a local mom&pop might also!) If your group gets organized and gives out coupons...

TexasSugar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TexasSugar Posted 14 May 2009 , 6:59pm
post #5 of 7

What about a group garage sale. People can donate items to be sold and the profits go to her.

cricket0616 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cricket0616 Posted 14 May 2009 , 7:26pm
post #6 of 7

We had a similar situation in our town and a group organized a spaghetti supper one night, chicken bog the next week and fish fry the following week. People got together and cook at one of the local churches and sold the meals for $6-8 a plate. They passed out flyers at the school and churches in the area. It was take out only. I think one week they did it for lunch and passed out flyers to local businesses as well. Good luck.

margaretb Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
margaretb Posted 25 May 2009 , 5:21pm
post #7 of 7

The firefighters did pledges and shaved their heads as a fundraiser for a little girl with cancer in our community (I think the dad is a volunteer firefighter) -- some kids and a few other community people also had heads shaved. A local hairstylist donated her time to shave the heads. There are a few kids with cancer in our town, actually, and another one is where they get their hair dyed a weird colour or streaked -- it has a catchy name, but I can't think of it.

I have heard that bakesale "by donation" and not with set prices will usually raise more money.

Hot dog sale outside the local grocery store.

How about a walk/run for so and so -- again, collect pledges, supply drinks and a snack.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%