Need Astronaut Or Robot Cutter Fast

Baking By _ruby_ Updated 19 May 2009 , 12:12pm by Joanne914

_ruby_ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
_ruby_ Posted 14 May 2009 , 4:07pm
post #1 of 7

anyone know of a source that has fast shipping and nice products??
TIA

6 replies
sambugjoebear Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sambugjoebear Posted 14 May 2009 , 4:41pm
post #2 of 7

What about using a gingerbread man cookie cutter and just decorating it like an astronaut? The round head would be great for the space helmet. icon_smile.gif Just an idea if you're short on time.

Hopefully someone else can help with a website.

GeminiRJ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
GeminiRJ Posted 14 May 2009 , 5:35pm
post #3 of 7

You could also find a photo of the design you want to use, copy it to the size you want, and use it as a template. Trace it onto plastic, cut it out, and there you go. It's tedious cutting the dough by hand (chilled works best for cleaner edges), but you'll get exactly what you want. It seems that almost all my cookies lately have been done using templates, and I'll put up with the extra work to get the shape I'm after.

_ruby_ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
_ruby_ Posted 14 May 2009 , 9:12pm
post #4 of 7

wat great ideas ! any other links?

FullMoonRanch Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
FullMoonRanch Posted 17 May 2009 , 2:24am
post #5 of 7

If you have a Williams - Sonoma near you they have a new Twist & Press Cookie Cutter that is robots. I did not see it on their web site though.

summernoelle Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
summernoelle Posted 18 May 2009 , 1:56pm
post #6 of 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeminiRJ

You could also find a photo of the design you want to use, copy it to the size you want, and use it as a template. Trace it onto plastic, cut it out, and there you go. It's tedious cutting the dough by hand (chilled works best for cleaner edges), but you'll get exactly what you want. It seems that almost all my cookies lately have been done using templates, and I'll put up with the extra work to get the shape I'm after.

I do this all the time. thumbs_up.gif

Joanne914 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Joanne914 Posted 19 May 2009 , 12:12pm
post #7 of 7

did you find your astronaut design yet? (I was out of town for the weekend)
In the book "Cookie Sensations" she uses a gingerbread man cutter for the astronaut, and it's adorable. If you still need an idea or picture, let me know and I'd be happy to scan the pic from my book for you and send it to you. Just let me know! (you can send me a PM)

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%