Figure Skating And Sunflower Bridal Shower Cake

Decorating By mrswendel Updated 14 May 2009 , 4:51pm by PattyT

mrswendel Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mrswendel Posted 14 May 2009 , 3:25pm
post #1 of 5

Hi all,

So, I need to do a cake for a bridal shower for approx 60 people. The MOB has left design up to me...but wants me to incorporate figure skating (bride used to figure skate competitively) and sunflowers (brides fav flower).

I just can't seem to put something together that incorporates both...I think because sunflowers are summery and skating is winter to me.

Any suggestions?

4 replies
mrswendel Posted 14 May 2009 , 4:14pm
post #2 of 5

bump

PattyT Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
PattyT Posted 14 May 2009 , 4:30pm
post #3 of 5

Well a long, long (long!) time ago, I was a competitive figure skater and we skated/trained all year long...so the winter / summer thing didn't occur to me. Because it's a bridal shower, you have some freedom.

When I read your post, I had an image of a cute little 3-D skater (aine2's style) in a sunny yellow skating dress with a sunflower in her hand. Then matching sunflowers either at the base or on the sides of the cake. These could be fondant or chocolate transfers (whimsical bakehouse).

Not sure if this helps you - but maybe the bump will help!

Have fun! Pat

mrswendel Posted 14 May 2009 , 4:51pm
post #4 of 5

Hi Pat. I love the idea of a little 3D skater...I love doing fondant/gumpaste figures so this is something I could definitely play with. Thanks for the help!

PattyT Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
PattyT Posted 14 May 2009 , 4:51pm
post #5 of 5

I looked at your pics and saw how wonderful your cakes were - thought it would be fun. Here's a picture I found...maybe even just with a sunflower in her hair?
LL

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%