Cookies Served In A Bar????

Baking By tujy Updated 15 May 2009 , 12:26pm by TracyLH

tujy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tujy Posted 14 May 2009 , 3:00pm
post #1 of 14

my brother will be turning 21 soon, and he's having his bday at a bar. i've never gone to a bar, so i don't kno if cookies will look silly if they're served there. he said they serve finger food sometimes??

i thought i could maybe make him some cookies in the shape of "21" or champagne bottles with happy bday written on them, birthday cake, etc - and make them look fancy (like not so baby-ish)

i was also secretly hoping this would get my name out there as a cookiemaker, cos around here nobody i know has really seen decorated cookies b4 (besides gingerbread men). what do u guys think? do cookies belong in a bar?

13 replies
-K8memphis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-K8memphis Posted 14 May 2009 , 3:13pm
post #2 of 14

Sure they do.

tiggy2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tiggy2 Posted 14 May 2009 , 3:19pm
post #3 of 14

I've served cakes in bars before..................anything goes for parties.

bobwonderbuns Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bobwonderbuns Posted 14 May 2009 , 3:22pm
post #4 of 14

Sure, a party is a party, no matter where it's at. This is your big chance to make some cool martini cookies! I'll be that will be a big hit! icon_biggrin.gif

GayeG Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
GayeG Posted 14 May 2009 , 3:23pm
post #5 of 14

Absolutly!! I tended bar for about 15 yrs and let me tell you - intoxicated ppl have many a sweet tooth!! icon_wink.gif I used to brings cakes and cookies ALL the time - used them for my guinea pigs - and they were ALWAYS gone by the end of the day!!
So absolutly do it!! Plus then you can get exposure too ...

CakeDiva73 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CakeDiva73 Posted 14 May 2009 , 3:35pm
post #6 of 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobwonderbuns

Sure, a party is a party, no matter where it's at. This is your big chance to make some cool martini cookies! I'll be that will be a big hit! icon_biggrin.gif

I think this sounds great! I was just at the cake decorating store yesterday and they had martini cookie cutters - so cute!

bobwonderbuns Posted 14 May 2009 , 3:38pm
post #7 of 14

Yeah, if you do a search there are a lot of cool drink cutters out there. And Jennifer Dontz just came out with a great set of drink cutters for fondant (on her website.) And somewhere around here recently there was a thread on wine cookies complete with wine bottle cookies! icon_biggrin.gif

bobwonderbuns Posted 14 May 2009 , 3:46pm
post #8 of 14

Here's that thread I was talking about. It has a lot of great links in it as well: http://cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&p=6255987#6255987

CakeDiva73 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CakeDiva73 Posted 14 May 2009 , 3:51pm
post #9 of 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobwonderbuns

I think this sounds great! I was just at the cake decorating store yesterday and they had martini cookie cutters - so cute!

GeminiRJ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
GeminiRJ Posted 14 May 2009 , 5:46pm
post #10 of 14

Go for it! I used a drinks theme for my niece's college graduation party, and everyone loved it. Here's the cake:
LL

bakinccc Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bakinccc Posted 14 May 2009 , 11:22pm
post #11 of 14

Oh Gemini....that's a gorgeous cake!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

cutthecake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cutthecake Posted 14 May 2009 , 11:33pm
post #12 of 14

21 year olds probably prefer beer over wine. How about beer mug and beer bottle cookies? There are cookie cutters for those. Pretzel-shaped cookies to go with the beer. And there are margarita glass, wine glass, and martini glass cookie cutters, too.

tujy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tujy Posted 15 May 2009 , 2:16am
post #13 of 14

thanks u guys have made me more confidant about the idea, now all i've got to do is convince my bro that cookies in a bar is COOOL hehehe.

what do you think is a good way to present them tho? i thought perhaps placing them lined up on a large white plate or something. not wrapped in cello bags or nething

TracyLH Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TracyLH Posted 15 May 2009 , 12:26pm
post #14 of 14

I was thinking beer too - big ol' tall mug with froth. Very 'manly' cookie (insert the Tim Allen grunt here). icon_lol.gif 'Tinis would be cute too as it would show variations in your talent and would be an extra fun touch if he has any 'tini drinkers there. Or just do them for the fun of it! Either way, it sounds great! Cookies in a bar? Sure!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%