Can Chocolate Ganache Buttercream Be Left Out Of Fridge?

Decorating By Irishbliss Updated 1 Jun 2009 , 9:19pm by Sonal

Irishbliss Posted 14 May 2009 , 9:54am
post #1 of 9

Hi,

I was planning to make a chocolate cake this weekend for a friend, she is planning to take it to work for a fellow worker.

Just came across a chocolate ganache buttercream but never used ganache in buttercream, would it be okay to have it left out of fridge? It will be in a cakebox for a good 12 hours.

Thanks

8 replies
bashini Posted 14 May 2009 , 11:48am
post #2 of 9

Hi, I always use ganache in buttercreama dn I never out my cakes in the fridge. So yes, you can keep it out side. icon_smile.gif

Irishbliss Posted 14 May 2009 , 2:11pm
post #3 of 9

oh thank you....just wondered about the cream content. Great getting help at this board!

bashini Posted 14 May 2009 , 3:29pm
post #4 of 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by Irishbliss

oh thank you....just wondered about the cream content. Great getting help at this board!

That's ok. The sugar content in chocolate acts as a precervetive. icon_smile.gif

toyanjason Posted 14 May 2009 , 11:46pm
post #5 of 9

how do you make chocolate ganache buttercream?

bashini Posted 15 May 2009 , 8:21am
post #6 of 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by toyanjason

how do you make chocolate ganache buttercream?

First you need to make your ganache. Then add it to your normal buttercream. Use cream and chocolate in 1:2 ratio, to make the ganache. icon_smile.gif

Sonal Posted 1 Jun 2009 , 5:19pm
post #7 of 9

Hi

I was also wondering about the ganache. If ganache is made in the traditional way, with fresh cream, can it still be left out?

And just to clarify, when mixed with buttercream, it can definitely be left out? I was also worried about the cream content.

Thanks so much,
Sonal

bashini Posted 1 Jun 2009 , 5:30pm
post #8 of 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonal

Hi

I was also wondering about the ganache. If ganache is made in the traditional way, with fresh cream, can it still be left out?

And just to clarify, when mixed with buttercream, it can definitely be left out? I was also worried about the cream content.

Thanks so much,
Sonal

Yes you can keep it out. But not for more than 3-4 days. First you are boiling the cream and it pasteurises the milk and the sugar qauntity in the chcolate works as a preservaive. This is what I have read in many posts in different forums. icon_smile.gif

Sonal Posted 1 Jun 2009 , 9:19pm
post #9 of 9

thank you for your reply, appreciate the clarification

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%