Mmf And Rice Krispies Question

Decorating By mommy2_3boys Updated 16 May 2009 , 8:01am by Elise87

mommy2_3boys Posted 14 May 2009 , 5:14am
post #1 of 2

I have a couple of questions I am working with MMF for the first time.
1. Some recipes say to refrigerate overnight while others say to let it rest overnight at room temp. I know that you are not supposed to refrigerate other fondant, so I was a bit concerned about refrigerating it.
2. My batch of MMF was still a little tacky but overall I felt that the consistency was good. Is this normal?
3. I am covering rice krispies with the MMF for part of the cake. Do I need to frost it first as well, to give a smooth finish?

Thank you for your help.

1 reply
Elise87 Posted 16 May 2009 , 8:01am
post #2 of 2

I leave my MMF at room temp in the pantry. You'll need to double wrap it in cling wrap and put in a plastic bag then airtight container (that is the best way to keep it fresh and you can store it like that for a while if you want). With refrigerating i personally wouldn't incase it got condensation on it when it is taken out or so i have heard.

With it being tacky as long at it isn't very sticky and doesn't stick alot to the rolling pin i think it should be fine. You want it medium soft to slightly firm but not too soft it stretches and tears too much when you pick it up and not too tough it is hard to roll out. Plus when i used mine after a couple of days it seemed a bit stiffer so it might firm up a tiny bit overnight.

I am no expert but that is what i do with my MMF. Sorry i don't know about covering krispies in fondant.

Anyways HTH in some way icon_biggrin.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%