Cookie Icing

Baking By paigek Updated 14 May 2009 , 1:05pm by bonniebakes

paigek Posted 14 May 2009 , 2:22am
post #1 of 7

i'm new to cookies and i'm wondering what type of icing you use to cover the cookies. the cookies always look so smooth and dry beautifully. could anyone suggest recipes for the cookie icing? thank you!!!!! icon_biggrin.gif

6 replies
verono Posted 14 May 2009 , 2:39am
post #2 of 7

Royal Icing
Or the Toba's glace.. I prefer this one for the taste and the shiny look !

linedancer Posted 14 May 2009 , 11:16am
post #3 of 7

I use MMF (marshmallow fondant). I like it because it is easy, and you don't have to wait for it to dry. I like Rhonda's Ultimate, here in the recipe section. Good luck and welcome to CC. You will soon become an addict like the rest of us icon_lol.gif

pattycakesnj Posted 14 May 2009 , 11:33am
post #4 of 7

I love royal icing made with a little almond emulsion to complement my almond sugar cookies

Newatdecorating Posted 14 May 2009 , 11:45am
post #5 of 7

I use RBC (rolled buttercream). Once you have applied it, you can go ahead and decorate it with royal. The RBC is greasy, but if you let your cookie sit out overnight, the greasiness will go away.

JGMB Posted 14 May 2009 , 11:55am
post #6 of 7

Someone else asked this question a while back, and a nice CCer shared this recipe. Unfortunately, I can't remember who it was icon_sad.gif It's what I've used ever since, to rave reviews:

Mix 3 T. of skim milk and 3 T. corn syrup into 3 cups of sifted powdered sugar. Mix completely. Add 15 drops of brite white food color (optional) to help prevent the icing from forming spots when it dries. Divide and color according to your needs. If you want thicker icing, add more 10x sugar. If you want thinner icing, add more corn syrup. Load the thicker icing into decorating bags. Use a #4 tip and outline large areas (#2 for smaller areas). Put thinner icing into squeeze bottles. Flood the outlined areas, easing icing into corners with a toothpick. When the base icing has set -- several hours -- use the thicker frosting and a tip #1 to pipe on details, such as writing. Allow the cookies to sit for 24 hours before bagging or stacking. This icing dries firm to the touch, but stays soft underneath.

Again, thanks to whoever originally shared this recipe!!! Please let us know who you are!

bonniebakes Posted 14 May 2009 , 1:05pm
post #7 of 7

Hi! Welcome to the world of cookies!

there are several threads about types of icing and the pros/cons to each - you might want to try a search in the forum and read through some... they contain a wealth of information from a variety of sources!

Here's on link that might be helpful to you, too.

icing tips/info
http://www.cakecentral.com/cake-decorating-ftopict-588155.html

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%