Can Someone Please Explain This?

Decorating By jimandmollie Updated 14 May 2009 , 9:16pm by Kpow

jimandmollie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jimandmollie Posted 14 May 2009 , 1:14am
post #1 of 11

I hate to bug you guys for tutorials. I usually learn so much just looking at other people's requests and figuring things out for myself but I can not figure this one out.

http://www.cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=gallery&file=displayimage&pid=1368378

How in the &*#*???

lol

Thanks guys! icon_biggrin.gif

10 replies
JulyMama Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JulyMama Posted 14 May 2009 , 1:20am
post #2 of 11

very cool! Maybe try PM'ing the maker and asking what she did?

pipe-dreams Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pipe-dreams Posted 14 May 2009 , 1:21am
post #3 of 11

That cake is awesome! IDK how she did it, but you should try to PM her. Just ask her and hopefully wither her or someone else reading this will know. Good luck!

blondeez Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
blondeez Posted 14 May 2009 , 1:31am
post #4 of 11

This is just my opinion, which really does not mean much. LOL, but it looks like the petals were made of fondant or she used a very large rose tip. Either way I think when I go into work tomorrow Im going to try my large rose tip to see if I can make that. Its beautiful.

dolittle Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dolittle Posted 14 May 2009 , 1:32am
post #5 of 11

It's in Debbie Brown's Dream wedding cakes book.

Bluehue Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Bluehue Posted 14 May 2009 , 4:49am
post #6 of 11

Here isthe link to Debbie Browns page in her book -
Aren't they just glourious - the colours make the flowers look so gentle and soft.

http://www.debbiebrownscakes.co.uk/dream_wedding_cakes/pages/retro%20roses_jpg.htm

I bought the book a few months back - but as yet haven't made anything from it - icon_rolleyes.gif

Bluehue - icon_smile.gif

Ruth0209 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Ruth0209 Posted 14 May 2009 , 5:08am
post #7 of 11

There are a bunch of additional pictures that show how she did it. They're right below the picture when you open it.

bananabread Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bananabread Posted 14 May 2009 , 5:12am
post #8 of 11

It is very easy, the cake will be the rose center, then you have to cut the petals with fondant measuring the size of the cake, and you will be working as if you were making a gum paste rose.

krissycupcakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
krissycupcakes Posted 14 May 2009 , 5:25am
post #9 of 11

OMG so i opened this post and was like what are they talking about i clicked on the link and it was MY rose thats soooo exciteing to me being i just put my pic up today... but its really easy to just follow the pics i used 50/50 fondant and gumpaste so the petals would dry faster i cut rough circles and ovals and then cut then in half to get my petal shapes the main thing is to not line up your petals you want them alil off set from each other good luck and if you need more help message me

jimandmollie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jimandmollie Posted 14 May 2009 , 6:43pm
post #10 of 11

Oh OK, I get it now! All those extra construction pics weren't there when I first saw it. I just didn't understand how you would start that, wether it was a gob of fondant or what on the top. Now I understand. I have got to try this! Thanks Krissy, that sure is a pretty cake!

Kpow Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kpow Posted 14 May 2009 , 9:16pm
post #11 of 11

OMG, that rose cake is SO gorgeous! I am a complete novice at advanced decorating and have not yet braved fondant.....but that rose is so beautiful it has inspired me to make the leap and try it!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%