Marketing Cookies/bouquets?

Baking By Lenette Updated 15 May 2009 , 2:01am by indydebi

Lenette Posted 13 May 2009 , 11:21pm
post #1 of 6

Just wondering how you all are marketing your cookies. I would like to expand this part of my business and would appreciate ideas.

I was thinking of making up some different types of bouquets and have some postcards printed to mail out but that can get pricey. Do you have good success just dropping them places?

I thought about doing that but wonder about it since there may not be enough cookies in the bouquet to go around.

Just wanted to see what others are thinking in this area. Thanks! icon_biggrin.gif

5 replies
haileysmommy Posted 13 May 2009 , 11:28pm
post #2 of 6

i was think the same thing. i was thinking about makeing a couple of them and bring them around to show and drop offa flyer with some kind of special.

LesGateauxCheri Posted 14 May 2009 , 3:10am
post #3 of 6

I market to people at my work. We have an Outlook bulletin board. I was thinking of putting a flyer on my neighborhood group mailbox, but I'm not sure if I am allowed to do that. I'm just a home baker - don't have a business license or use a commercial kitchen. I would love to market, but I'm not sure how much you can do without being licensed.

-Tubbs Posted 14 May 2009 , 2:13pm
post #4 of 6

It's not worth doing any marketing if you're not licensed - it will come around and bite you on the bum.

If you are, I recommend for free flyers, postcards, bus. cards etc etc. You just pay for shipping (quite reasonable) and the quality is pretty good. I got some bus cards recently, and was pleased enough with them to order some more stuff which I'm excitedly waiting for. I won't use them 'in public' though, until I actually get my kitchen inspection done. (sooon, so soon now..!)

cylstrial Posted 15 May 2009 , 1:35am
post #5 of 6

Tubbscookies - It sounds like congrats are going to be in order very soon!!!

indydebi Posted 15 May 2009 , 2:01am
post #6 of 6

Another option is the United States Post Office Click2Mail system.

I did a sample postcard and mailed it to myself. On one side was a full color photo (downloaded from my computer) of my USA cookie bouquet, then on the postcard-side, I could put a message, and then there was the space for the address. Excellent quality. Beautiful and eye catching.

Price includes the postage. PUtting a photo on is considered a premium postcard and it costs a bit more. But they have some that will cost you about 30 cents each for 100.

Don't have a database of addresses? No problem .... buy a list of 10 or 10,000 from the USPS.

You do everything from your desk. The post office prints it out, sorts it, puts the postage on it, mails it.

Quote by @%username% on %date%