Cardstock Help?

Baking By luv2bake6 Updated 15 May 2009 , 1:28pm by Allidsk8

luv2bake6 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
luv2bake6 Posted 13 May 2009 , 8:48pm
post #1 of 5

Hi.
I've seen many pictures in the gallery that had cookies in cello and cardstock tags on each one.
I've never done any scrapbooking nor am i familiar with any techniques. When i was in the store today, i happened to pass by the scrapbooking section where cardstock was on the aisle. (never knew what it was before now) I bought it and would like to know if someone can tell me what to do with it in order to make those beautiful tags.
Thanks so much!!

4 replies
blondeez Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
blondeez Posted 13 May 2009 , 8:53pm
post #2 of 5

I dont do scrap booking but I have friends that do and I think there is a paper punch that you can buy to make tags.

TracyLH Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TracyLH Posted 14 May 2009 , 12:58pm
post #3 of 5

I do this a lot. It adds a fun touch and can really tie in the theme or add a bit of whimsy.

Here is how I do it - I put the cookie in a cello bag and heat seal it. (I actually use a hair straightener just for that purpose). I use Microsoft Word to design my tags (you can find clip art on the web), print them onto cardstock, cut them out a tad bit wider than the bag and with an overlap on the back. I then use double-sided sticky tape to attach them to the bag (two pieces on the front and two on the back.). In my profile you can see an example of this on my anniversary cookies, 3rd row down, 8th one across or on the teddy bear cookies, 1st one in the 2nd row down.

Another option is to use a colored cardstock as the background color and then glue on a piece of text/clipart that you design on the computer. You can see that in my latest cookie pic posted or on the baby cookies on the very bottom of the first page.

Or just use the cardstock as is! I recently did that on some balloon cookies I have yet to post and it added a fun, colorful touch.

Hope this helps! icon_smile.gif

luv2bake6 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
luv2bake6 Posted 14 May 2009 , 2:40pm
post #4 of 5

Ok, i think i get it now. I bought a package of multicolored ones so i'll play around with them. Thanks so much for the detailed description, i really appreciate it!!

Allidsk8 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Allidsk8 Posted 15 May 2009 , 1:28pm
post #5 of 5

If you are going to do alot of them there is a scrapbook company that sells the perfect sized punch for tags. If you want to pm me I can give you all the details. I'm not sure I can post them here. The punch will run you about $15 so if you are doing a lot I would say it is worth it. (can you tell I'm addicted to scrapbooking suppliesas well as cake supplies LOL) icon_wink.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%