White Food Coloring????

Decorating By DessertDreams Updated 18 May 2009 , 3:17pm by DessertDreams

DessertDreams Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
DessertDreams Posted 13 May 2009 , 8:02pm
post #1 of 7

I need to paint a design on black fondant. Is there a such thing as white food coloring??? My plan was to mix it with Vanilla extract and paint the design on the fondant. If there is white food coloring do you think that will work? Will it show up on black fondant?

6 replies
destinyrn Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
destinyrn Posted 13 May 2009 , 8:21pm
post #2 of 7

I wonder if you could use Bright White? I'm sure the great CC'ers will come to the rescue icon_smile.gif

leah_s Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
leah_s Posted 13 May 2009 , 8:28pm
post #3 of 7

depending on what exactly you're doing, you could try the brite white or thinned royal

soygurl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
soygurl Posted 13 May 2009 , 8:44pm
post #4 of 7

I really doubt that bright white will work, but I guess it's worth a shot. I would paint with thinned royal icing like leah suggested. thumbs_up.gif

DessertDreams Posted 13 May 2009 , 9:56pm
post #5 of 7

I'm trying to make a chess board where the white pieces are marbled. I want it to look perfect (well at least even). I was going to cover the cake with fondant, make the pattern, cut out the black and replace it with white marbled fondant but I think that has disaster written all over it. Do you think its easier to paint or cut out? Do you still think that the thinned royal would work best for this project?

tuffstuff Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tuffstuff Posted 13 May 2009 , 10:18pm
post #6 of 7

If you are going to paint it, I suggest white powdered food coloring mixed with everclear. It works for me.

DessertDreams Posted 18 May 2009 , 3:17pm
post #7 of 7

Thanks for all of the tips. I could not find the white powdered color in my area. I ended up using the Wilton icing white thinned with a little vanilla. It worked pretty good

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%