How Long Can I Leave Wasc Cake Out?

Decorating By Cudsbug Updated 14 May 2009 , 8:05pm by Cudsbug

Cudsbug Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cudsbug Posted 13 May 2009 , 6:47pm
post #1 of 7

WASC cake that is frozen now needs to be ready for Saturday. When should I take out of freezer before layering, filling and covering with fondant?

6 replies
shanna_banana Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
shanna_banana Posted 13 May 2009 , 8:26pm
post #2 of 7

Most of the posts I've seen on this topic (and there have been many) say to leave it out about 5 or 6 hours. Of course, it depends on where you live. I live in AZ and we are at 105 degrees. Wouldn't take long here! I would take it out, let it set about 5 hours, and then fill and frost it. Wait an hour or two to let it settle before covering with fondant to help prevent side bulges or wrinkling of your fondant. Then you should be fine. I wouldn't put it back in the freezer though, maybe just the refrigerator. Some people are against that, but I did it overnight and took it out on Sunday and had no problems at all. HTH

sgauta Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sgauta Posted 13 May 2009 , 9:44pm
post #3 of 7

Yes, I normally take my WASC's out of the freezer on Thursday for a Saturday cake -- I let them sit out for a few hours and when they're slightly firm (4-6 hours) I fill and then let them settle for another couple of hours (on the counter covered in plastic wrap). Then they're ready to be frosted and covered. HTH

~Sarah

sgauta Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sgauta Posted 13 May 2009 , 9:45pm
post #4 of 7

Yes, I normally take my WASC's out of the freezer on Thursday for a Saturday cake -- I let them sit out for a few hours and when they're slightly firm (4-6 hours) I fill and then let them settle for another couple of hours (on the counter covered in plastic wrap). Then they're ready to be frosted and covered. HTH

~Sarah

Cudsbug Posted 14 May 2009 , 7:47pm
post #5 of 7

Thanks, that is pretty much what I thought, just wanted to make sure!

KarolynAndrea Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KarolynAndrea Posted 14 May 2009 , 7:54pm
post #6 of 7

What is a WASC?

Cudsbug Posted 14 May 2009 , 8:05pm
post #7 of 7

White Almond Sour Cream (WASC) It starts with a cake mix and has additions of flavors, sour cream, etc. It makes a quite dense cake, not as fluffy as a strait mix. Ive heard lots of "I never eat cake but this is delicious!" comments.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%