School Bridal Shower For Kindy Teacher

Decorating By texasseegirl Updated 14 May 2009 , 9:22pm by texasseegirl

texasseegirl Posted 13 May 2009 , 6:29pm
post #1 of 5

My daughter's class (i.e. room moms icon_razz.gif ) is hosting a bridal shower for their teacher and I'm coming up blank for an idea. I wanted the cake to be more fun since the kids are involved and the only thoughts I have so far is to have a spring type theme.

Any suggestions out there? And I have looked at tons of the bridal shower pics and nothing is jumping out at now I am here!

Thanks for your help!

4 replies
jadak Posted 13 May 2009 , 6:38pm
post #2 of 5

Since it's for their teacher, you could make the cake look like posterboard or notebook paper or a card and then draw little pictures and/or write little sentiments that either would seem like they came from the kids OR actually talk to the kids and put their quotes on there.

When I made a cake for DD's student teacher that looked like a child's writing/picture, she just loved it. It's in my photos (and it's my avatar) if you want to see it.

Good luck. I'm sure you'll come up with something great.

pipercakes Posted 14 May 2009 , 6:19pm
post #3 of 5

How wonderful! The first thing that comes to my mind is a bridal tea. All the little girls, moms, and teacher dressed up with sun dresses, gloves, hats, ribbons, etc. Cake of course designed to match. icon_wink.gif

Maybe each girls name written around one tier? I've seen adorable school cakes on here where each child's name was written on a crayon. Perhaps, if it's a tea, a few names on tea-cup cutouts around the cake?

bebea Posted 14 May 2009 , 6:23pm
post #4 of 5

i can remember having a bridal shower for my 5th grade teacher!

fun, bright colored flowers would be great - a flower for each student. or, a gift box cake in the school colors would be fun, too!

another idea would be a cupcake tower or cake. use the flower idea - it would be easy to serve and fun, too.

texasseegirl Posted 14 May 2009 , 9:22pm
post #5 of 5

Thanks everyone for your great ideas! I have a sick child and haven't been on.

Jadak - your idea is perfect for a cake I'm going to do for my other daughter's pre-school for a year end thank you. I saw it and I knew it would be great!

I'm meeting with the other room mom tomorrow to go over everything - I'll let you know what we come up with!

Quote by @%username% on %date%