Cascading Tiers Wedding Cake Help

Decorating By torysgirl87 Updated 14 May 2009 , 4:05am by jammjenks

torysgirl87 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
torysgirl87 Posted 13 May 2009 , 6:26pm
post #1 of 8

The bride asked me for 5 tiers although she is not having very many guests. I suggested 6, 8, 9, 10, and 12 inch rounds for 150 servings. She asked if she could have 6, 6, 8, 10, 10 so she could also have a groom's cake. I've never seen a cake like this. I could go smaller, starting w/ a 4 inch cake, but I usually don't. Any suggestions or photos to help me get a feel for this?

Thanks!

7 replies
bakingatthebeach Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bakingatthebeach Posted 13 May 2009 , 6:41pm
post #2 of 8

Wouldnt that end up looking like a 3 tiered cake after all is said and done?

torysgirl87 Posted 13 May 2009 , 6:58pm
post #3 of 8

It would be a casading cake...I hope I'm saying this right. Not a stacked cake, but 5 individual cakes that gradually get larger on individual stands that gradually get shorter...

Thanks.

jammjenks Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jammjenks Posted 13 May 2009 , 7:11pm
post #4 of 8

I think it will look ok either way. I'll attach a picture of one I did recently. The sattelites on each side starting at the top are 6, 8, 8, 8. Maybe it will help you visualize.
LL

torysgirl87 Posted 13 May 2009 , 7:20pm
post #5 of 8

Thanks so much! This is exactly what I needed to see! Your cake is SO beautiful by the way. I will need this sort of cake for my cousin in February who has asked me to make cake for 300 guests and be a bridesmaid!!! icon_surprised.gif

Thanks again!

bakingatthebeach Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bakingatthebeach Posted 14 May 2009 , 12:27am
post #6 of 8

Oh, ok, I get it now.

krissycupcakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
krissycupcakes Posted 14 May 2009 , 12:33am
post #7 of 8

what about making the bigger cake so it looks nice but leave the bottom 1 or2 tiers foam ive seen this done before and you cant tell. and it would lower the cost of the cake

jammjenks Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jammjenks Posted 14 May 2009 , 4:05am
post #8 of 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by torysgirl87

Thanks so much! This is exactly what I needed to see! Your cake is SO beautiful by the way. I will need this sort of cake for my cousin in February who has asked me to make cake for 300 guests and be a bridesmaid!!! icon_surprised.gif

Thanks again!

Thanks for the compliment. If I'm not mistaking, this cake has 284 servings as it is (w/o counting the top tier). You could change that up by just making all the side cakes 8". Just a thought.

Oh and one more thing...when I used the clear stands, I flipped them upside down so that the 10" and 12" plates (and so on) were on the bottom and all the top plates were the smaller ones. I wanted to show as little of the plates as possible. Make sense?

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%