Using Stress Free With Straws

Decorating By sweetcakes Updated 13 May 2009 , 6:36pm by DianeLM

sweetcakes Posted 13 May 2009 , 1:55pm
post #1 of 5

I have the stress free supports which i love, but im doing a wedding cake this week that have 5", 4" and 3" high tiers, i only have the legs to go in the 4" tiers. do you think if i used straws cut to height for the pegs to sit in and extras that would sit under the ring itself that that would work for the deeper and shallower tiers. I dont have time to order extra legs. This will be a 5 tier cake which i will transport unstacked and stack on site.

4 replies
Shelly4481 Posted 13 May 2009 , 2:27pm
post #2 of 5

I have those support (love them), I think with a cake that small you could just do it with straws not the ring. That to me would be just added weight on the straws. Use the ring on the tier it fits then use the straws. That is the way I would do it.

kimmyboo925 Posted 13 May 2009 , 3:03pm
post #3 of 5

I use boba straws all the time instead of the more expensive products.. I order mine from ebay.... they work just as well...

sweetcakes Posted 13 May 2009 , 6:27pm
post #4 of 5

i use the straws in a 2 tier, will using the straws in the bottom tier which is 5" really support the weight of 4 tiers above? ease my nerves please!

DianeLM Posted 13 May 2009 , 6:36pm
post #5 of 5

Rather than using straws and SFS in the 5", how about a plate and 4 hidden pillars? I'd trust the pillars more than the straws.

Quote by @%username% on %date%